Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water detector

frankj3

Ok my Bounty Hunter family.........I will admit it, I have not done a single bit of research on this topic. Just thought I'd come to the family with a question first.....and maybe save me some time during my research.

I want to do some deeper detecting in salt water than I can using my 3500. I'm also interested in doing some snorkeling and detecting in fresh water.

So which Bounty Hunter model would be the best choice for me? Do any of you have experience hunting in this manner? If so, what is you detector of choice?

Again, I'd prefer to stay with a Bounty Hunter if possible.

Please....and.....Thank You.

HH y'all.

Frank

I don't know of Any under water BH detectors. Fisher makes some. I think it is the 1280X and the CZ-21

Thanks.....that confirms what I have failed to discover. LOL

HH y'all.

Frank

Yeah..what Rebel said...I was in your boat a few years back, so I'll share a little where my research took me...I have and love a F70 and use it seriously and often hunting the dirt...I followed the ATPro Forum for quite some time before I just up and bit the bullet and got one 2yrs ago...I only use it in the water, for gold etc. and its paid itself off quite nicely within the first few months...I had a CZ21, and it is the rig to have in the salt water, but since I hunt the fresh, I sold it when I got the Pro. I understand a guy can use the Pro in the salt water somewhat effectively, not as good as a 21 or an Excal, but acceptable...

FWIW, the 70 and the Pro make quite a team, they both use the same batteries, AA's, and seem to speak the same language, so its not hard to switch back and forth sometimes several times per day...you may want to have a look at the Pro to team up with your BH...good luck to you whatever direction you go...its just that right now, for an affordable water rig, its either Detector-Pro or AtPro...check the 'For Sale' forum, you may get a deal on a slightly used rig.
Mud

Do yourself a favor and look hard at the Tesoro Tigershark, for the money its still the best dedicated freshwater underwater metal detector.
It will find the very small gold and silver jewelry; charms the Fisher 1280x and the Detectorpro will miss.

The lower frequency of the Fisher 1280x and DP Underwater/Wader will handle the saltwater a little better.
Check out the many videos on youtube to give you a better idea of what they are all about.

And you can use all of them to hunt on land.

Thanks guys! I will check these out.

I appreciate your feedback.

HH y'all.

Frank

TECKNETICS WAS SAME AS BOUNTY HUNTER
LONG TIME AGO THEY MADE A WATER HUNTER THAT WAS DEEP AND SENSITIVE
IT WAS BLUE AND HAD SOME MINOR LEAK PROBLEMS
NOT TONS OF THEM AROUND

I was not aware Lookin.
I don't know anything about Tecknetics.

Frank

Frank,
Teknetics is also made by First Texas the same folks that make Bounty Hunter.

Walt

BLUE TEKNETICS WATER MACHINE WAS CALLED TURBO ST
GOOGLE IT MAY HAVE SOME PHOTOS
WAS IMPRESSED WITH ITS ABILITY TO GET THIN GOLD CHAIN