Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

water detectors

patch

Just curious.Why do most of the water hunters use the excalibers vs the cz-21,thank you for your opinions.

I use the Excalibur because of Tone Id, and it works well. After hunting with the Excal you can Hear things no other detector I have used will give you.

I use an Excalibur. I have never tried the CZ. I love the Excalibur, it has found me loads of gold :) I think whatever detector you learn you will like. The Excalibur has been good tome so I'm sticking with it. If you ask someone with a CZ I bet they feel the same! What ever works for you is the right one. Good luck......

water wizard, wondering how the well project is going, i have a magnet that can pull 64 kilos, maybe an idea before venturing down there. Steve

I think some has to do with just popularity with the mod people have done. The machines great.... little iffy on design, but the CZ is just as capible. We really push the Xcal and these mod we do make it a better machine. But anyone just thinking about the price tag difference for a finished product..... ouch. For me i dont like to open the box, the 9V batteries, and aint crazy about the coil..... the personal preference stuff.

Dew

I have a CZ-20 that I just got because the price was rite and I have used CZ's for 15 years and love the 3 simple tones with modulation. I have never water hunted and wanted to give it a try so stuck with a detector I'm familiar with. Haven't had it out in the water yet,But did do some land hunting with it and dug a wheatie that was 8'' on edge. This was a spot I hit hard with my E-trac and CZ-3D so I'm happy with the performance so far.

Hi patch. I have used most of the underwater detectors on the market over the last 35 yrs.Having said that. I prefer the Excal.But there is nothing wrong with the CZ 20 or 21 there built like a tank and for scuba diving they work well.I have found that the Excal.will give me a larger tone than the CZ.I think you could find most targets with either detector but the Excal seems to me to ignore the iron where as the CZ loves it. I now have three Excal's and a CTX 3030 plus a Whites Amphibian2 for the grand kids. At least that's the reason I told the wife why I needed another water detector. :bouncy: Grumpy (In Iowa)

Waterdog said:
I use the Excalibur because of Tone Id, and it works well. After hunting with the Excal you can Hear things no other detector I have used will give you.

I'm in the process of transitioning from land detecting to water detecting. I just picked up a Garrett AT Gold for the creek/small river nugget shooting & will be able to use it in some limited swimming hole areas, but some of the probable better spots (rope swings, diving areas) are in deeper water, so I'm gonna need something with a better depth rating...I've been watching videos/reading posts trying to come to an informed decision on which detector to go with. I've had an Explorer & really liked the tone ID feature, is the ExCal similar? I'm also looking/reading on the Tesoro Tiger Shark & the CZ's...The price tags on the ExCal & CZ 21 makes me cringe, but since I'm planning on retiering soon & devoting a lot of time prospecting & recovering lost coins/jewelry I need to go with something that I'm happy with... I'm leaning heavily towards the ExCal.

Tomtowns, get the Tiger Shark. Nothing gets by it and it goes plenty deep. For freshwater it is the best buy out there. Contact one of the forum sponsors to get a great deal.

Rainyday101 said:
Tomtowns, get the Tiger Shark. Nothing gets by it and it goes plenty deep. For freshwater it is the best buy out there. Contact one of the forum sponsors to get a great deal.

Thanks for the reply Rainyday. I'll probably be ready to pick one up around mid Sept. & the two things that are in the Sharks favor are the lifetime warrantee & they are about half the price of the other two. If possible, I'm gonna try to find one of each so I can hear what they sound like & how they respond. :blink: My last two "new" detectors were bought from a sponsor here & I see no need to change now...

patch said:
Just curious.Why do most of the water hunters use the excalibers vs the cz-21,thank you for your opinions.

Hate to say this, but a few years back while hunting with two buddies at Englewood Beach in Florida. I found a 18k thin woman's band with my Excalibur 1000 and the CZ21 they had would not ever pick it up when set on 2 Disc. They moved them to a 1 Disc setting and could barely hear it then. I have always wandered how much they had missed.