Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

water detectors

patch

HI EVERYONE,I'M BRAND NEW TO BEACH AND SHALLOW WATER HUNTING.I NOW HUNT WITH A CZ-5,BUT AM ABOUT TO BUY A WATERPROOF ONE. I WAS CONSIDERING 3 DIFFERENT ONES. CZ-21-EXCALIBER 2-AND BEACH HUNTER 300. ( I DO NOT WANT A PULSE MACHINE )I WAS LEANING TOWARD THE EXCALIBER 2 ,BUT AFTER READING ABOUT ALL THE DIFFERENT MODIFICATIONS USERS HAVE TO MAKE INCLUDING HEAD PHONES AND SHAFTS I'M NOT IMPRESSED.( I CANNOT FIGURE OUT WHY IT'S THE MOST POPULAR).YOUR COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED. THANK YOU>

The excalibur II is good with the 17 frequencies it runs simultaneously, The CZ runs on 2 (5khz and 15khz), The beach hunter 300 is really good on two frequencies, 3khz and 15khz, although it is limited to 25ft diving, so if you are looking to go deeper than 25ft, you can count the beach hunter out one out.

Weight: Comparing the CZ vs the Excal, yes, the excal does feel a lot better with the Anderson shafts over the stock shafts. These machines do both weigh 5.1 pounds, the excal has the weight on your elbow....which does help with weight and balance over the CZ where most of the weight will feel like it is on your wrist. granted you can always take the control box off and put it around your belt/neck area to save weight on your arm for both machines. The beach hunter is 5.7 pounds also with a convertable control box

Batteries: the excal takes 8 AA's over the Cz's 4 9 volts, I point out batteries because it is important for some people of which one they prefer.

CZ and beach hunter has a 2 year warranty over Excal's 1 year warranty.

excal does have a automatic ground balance over the manua ground balance the other 2 machines have. That may key in a factor as well.

All machines, after testing and trying them all work great, the largest benefit of the excal over the other 2 is the great balance for the weight and the many frequencies it runs on at the same time and the DD coil it comes with as well.

This is just an oversite of the detectors for you, if you have any specific questions or need information in a different way, ask away. I will always try to help

The Excalibur II is an Excellent Machine. I have had mine for almost a year with no problems. The headphones are the biggest complaint that I have with the machine. They re not the most comfortable headphones that one could use. I did not like the crooked shaft and I needed a longer shaft (as with any machine) so I replaced it with a shaft from Rods By Plugger.

The Excalibur II gives great depth on both the dry and wet sand. In less than a year I have dug enough gold and silver jewelry to pay for the machine. That does not include all the clad coins that I have found using this machine.

Most of the Mods that are being made to the Excal II are owners choice and not a necessity.