Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water hunt first timer

Johnny Depth

At pro standard headphones, the way I understand it is the machine is water proof but not the headphones, if I keep my head out of water but the headphones connection gets submerged, will it be ok? Also anyone got some used water proof ones they want to sell scoop?

At pro standard headphones, the way I understand it is the machine is water proof but not the headphones, if I keep my head out of water but the headphones connection gets submerged, will it be ok? Also anyone got some used water proof ones they want to sell scoop?
you must have the waterproof connector, that connects to the control box on your non waterproof phones. If you have the waterproof connection cable with the 1/4 inch plug on the other end, [ may have to buy extra], Its kinda easy to cut the 1/4 inch plug off the end of the cable. your have to have shrink tubing, soldering iron, solder. an silicon. Its easy to do if you have a little skill an patients. I wont go step by step unless I know you want to do it. Let me know an Ill go through step by step. what your doing is putting the waterproof connector on your regular H.Ps. your have to take the male 1/4 plug of your H/Ps. ive done this three times on different H.Ps. first time it took about an hour. third time about 25 minutes.

oops I just remembered I believe the atpro H.Ps already has the waterproof plug on the cable. in that case just wade out as for as you want to an you should be alright. if your phones should fall off your head, just grab them up an shake the water off an you should be alright. You can also put a little silicon around where the cable goes into your phones. I have a friend that hunts, up to neck deep,with his stock H.ps an never had any trouble.

oops I just remembered I believe the atpro H.Ps already has the waterproof plug on the cable. in that case just wade out as for as you want to an you should be alright. if your phones should fall off your head, just grab them up an shake the water off an you should be alright. You can also put a little silicon around where the cable goes into your phones. I have a friend that hunts, up to neck deep,with his stock H.ps an never had any trouble.
Could just buy 6" epoxy shrink tube and shrink it around the plug connection. Making it permanent and water proof.