Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water Hunters Poll

Of only those that hunt with the control box submerged, have you had any leaks?

• Never, I've owned mine less than one year.

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Never, I've owned mine more than one year.

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Once, I've owned mine less than one year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once, I've owned mine more than one year.

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Multiple times, I've owned mine less than one year.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Multiple times, I've owned mine more than one year.

Votes: 4 20.0%

• Total voters
I have the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer that are both waterproof as you know. Shortly after buying both of them new when they came out, and having the MMK leak, I didn't want to have the same thing happen to the NOX so I bought another Tesoro Tiger Shark like the one I sold right after I got the Nox and MMK. No more leaks, no more worries, good for 200' deep. I'll just keep the MMK and Nox on dry ground along with my ORX.

I have the Nox 800 and the Multi Kruzer that are both waterproof as you know. Shortly after buying both of them new when they came out, and having the MMK leak, I didn't want to have the same thing happen to the NOX so I bought another Tesoro Tiger Shark like the one I sold right after I got the Nox and MMK. No more leaks, no more worries, good for 200' deep. I'll just keep the MMK and Nox on dry ground along with my ORX.

The reason I bought the Equinox 800 is because I don't want to have to have three or four machines , I've been down that road with a CZ-21, AT pro, and a GP3500. I'm retired and traveling now and I want one light all in one that does what I paid for. Why should I have to buy another detector because a company may have sold me a flawed product?
My whole point of the poll is to try and get a real idea of how bad the problem is. Most people won't dedicate a post to the fact that there detector didn't leak.

My whole point of the poll is to try and get a real idea of how bad the problem is. Most people won't dedicate a post to the fact that there detector didn't leak.
Well you forgot a category, lol. Mine got water in it just rinsing off in a shower.

Been at it since the get go with 2 machine and lots of trips in chin deep and never had any issues. Non of my friends have had any issues with the exception of Mark. Never broke a coil on any detector I have owned, never broke an arm rest. I am not saying things don't break or leak because they do and we all know better but rest assured they have warranty on these machines with a great track record on turn around time.
What I am saying is buy one take care of it and enjoy it with confidence.
HH Jeff

Well you forgot a category, lol. Mine got water in it just rinsing off in a shower.

I think it needs to be while hunting. If it's anyone, then it would count all the leaks of non-water hunters without counting any of the ones that don't. That would make for a misleading count.
It would be interesting to see how many of those getting any kind of water contact leaked. Next time.

Had mine in freshwater many many times,no problems so far...I always double check my connections are tight prior to going in... waterproofing anything electronic is a challenge...if something is water tight that means the insides can’t breath... I have an Excal and a tiger shark,both are built like a tank,but even the thick plastic tubing on the Excal is known for cracking despite that they still rarely leak...one issue that may come into play is temperature change such as removing the detector from a hot car then dunking it in 70 degree water...any sealed container left in direct sunlight or hot place will build pressure internally at which time to what extreme the seals will hold prior to popping will determine if it’s gonna leak on its next bath....

I have had mine ten feet deep while diving quite a few times and haven't had a leak yet.

Out of curiosity, how many of you that have had leaks, rinsed your machine off with some amount of pressure (shower head, garden spray nozzle)? I'm wondering if not having uniform pressure lets water get in because the seal isn't compressed evenly, like it would if completely submerged?

I love the nox in and out of the water but ive had 2 replaced--one for leakage ( the connections were tight) and once for the waterproof headphone port quit working. I will say both times Minelab sent me a new one within 10 days

Had mine in fresh water twice. No leakage so far but having issues with the pinpoint when in the water. No issues with it on land

Out of curiosity, how many of you that have had leaks, rinsed your machine off with some amount of pressure (shower head, garden spray nozzle)? I'm wondering if not having uniform pressure lets water get in because the seal isn't compressed evenly, like it would if completely submerged?
The shower I used could not get any softer on water spray. Like a sprinkling can!

I’ve developed the same thought process as you. I don’t trust it & know for a fact it will eventually leak due to the design. I stick with the Excalibur for my water hunts