Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water hunting results on simplex

Has anyone found any updates or utubes on long term water detecting results with the simplex in fresh water , i mean a good months worth of wave and current exposure a complete submersion for a long period , not just a little splash, or rainy days detecting , the structural engineering strength of the detector because of water drag and resistance while swing in water. - and i guess will the shaft still move freely if sand gets into it as it happens when shaking the scoop out . Just wondering, might have to wait till spring , to get a review. Seems like it might be a good back up detector for serious water detecting. Thanks

I have used Simplex on 2 occasions in fresh water while it was submerged most of the time as I detected 3-5 feet of water level. Have had no problems. Used wired Makro waterproof headphones that worked great. I dug all signals the first time and was more selective as I learned the machine. Was in the water 1 hour the 1st time and 1 and 1/2 hours the second. Didn't use the vibrating setting as the wired headphones worked great. I just mostly turn on and go using the numbers only when I hit a target.
Hope that helps.

Thank you nuff coils for responding back that was a good help ,nice to here all went well. ? is the simplex 2 or 3 tones ive not heard much about that thanks again

WaterHound:
? is the simplex 2 or 3 tones ive not heard much about that

Default out of the box, the Field mode is 2-Tone as ALL Disc segments are Accepted and the first three span the Low-Tone Iron Audio 0-15 VDI Ferrous range.

The Park mode is 3-Tone as ALL Disc segments are Accepted and the first three span the 0-15 Low-Tone Iron Audio VDI Ferrous range, and the upper segments provide the additional Mid-Tone and High-Tone.

The Beach mode is 1-Tone, because the default program has the first 3 Disc. notch segments Rejected, eliminating the Low-Tone Iron Audio. Thus, you only here the High Tone for the non-ferrous Disc. range

Personally, I like to use my Simplex[sup]+[/sup] without any Discrimination most of the time, so ALL Disc. notch segments are Accepted in each of those three modes, and that means Field and Beach are a 2-Tone operation and Park is 3-Tone.

Monte

Thank you very helpful,

As Monte said about the Simplex+, tones vary a bit as does the raspiness or clarity of the sound produced.

simplex-tone-structure-jpg.22

Attachments

• Simplex Tone Structure.JPG
    Simplex Tone Structure.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,327