Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water Proofing A Coil Question???

bustercrab

I was watching a hunter using the first Sovereign along with a 11" CoinSearch coil on wet sand with maybe some surf touching the coil..How did he water proof the coil..Anyone know...I should have asked,but I know how it feels when people bother me while hunting....

He might not have done anything, might not be aware that coil isnt waterproof.

what you can do to help is unscrew the cable flex, where the cable goes into the coil. not the lowest nut that is mounted on the coil, but the flex section that keeps the cable from bending over to much which could cause a broken wire.
then slide it up the cable a bit and with a dry towel wipe the connection at the coil down and clean it up real good. you should see there is a small O ring right now there. when its completely dry, goop it up with some aquarium silicone, and reconnect the flex down over it. this will fill all the small openings water can get in. let it dry a day or two and it should be good for waves to come across it but I wouldnt submerge it. Ive done it but your pushing your luck and besides its a buoyant coil, not really worth it.

the other option is just pick up one of minelabs tornado coils which are waterproof:thumbup: