Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

water proofing a CZ-3D

http://www.thewaterproofstore.com/aloksak12x12.html Has anyone ever tried these waterproof bags before and stuck a detector in them? Thought they might do the trick over Plano or Otter boxes.This way it looks to be a little easier to make an adjustment if need be instead of unsnapping a hardfaced box.What about an entry or exit point for the coil cable and headphone.I thought Ive seen somewhere here that guys use something like a wire clam shell product? And if something like that is used I would think I would have to bolster up the bag in the area where the wires are going to come out? Thanks for any ideas, Steve

I've built two machines with otter boxes. I also tried one with a bag. The bag sucked because it wanted to float up and flop around. You have to have it tied down real good. I't hard to tie it to the machine if you desire. The boxes in my opinion is way better.

I've though about a bag also since the CZ box could easily be chest mounted. I sold my water detector because I didn't use it much. I bought a 10.5 coil for my CZ6a to use at the beach. I wouldn't use the coil except for the beach and a occasional fresh water hunt.

The coil could be left attached to the 10.5 coil and the box quickly removed for land use. I need to check on a suitable bag.

I had a Coinmaster Pro in a bag and didn't like it. The bag floated up so I had to basically strap it to my leg like a pistol holster. Maybe in some different configuration the bag will work....