Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Water scoops

Looking for an excellent water scoop. What should be my concerns. What factors should I keep in mind. Does anyone really love their water scoop ? what kind is it? where did you get it ? and what did you pay if you can remember. thanks for your info.

I like aluminum with a stainless steel lip on it.....best of both world IMHO. Get one with a longer handle if you intend to dig in deep water

The sponsors offer quality scoops. Prices vary, it depends on size and material to how much. Stainless is more durable but aluminum is lighter which helps on long hunting days. An aluminum scoop with a stainless lip will minimize wear.

One of the best scoops made is the Nuttall Diamond Head. Reilly's has excellent scoops as well as other manufacturers. Which scoop to buy is mostly a personal preference to the style but quality is a must.

BCOOP

Your primary concern needs to be what kind of bottom you are digging in.

Sand is the easiest with a wide assortment of scoops that will do the job, ( Lightweight stainless and aluminum are just fine!)

Medium gravel means you'll need something a little heavier duty.

Cobbles (bucket size stones) or small boulders as we have along the Connecticut shore mean the heaviest stainless scoop is required although many hunters I know are content with an aluminum scoop with a stainless lip.

GL & HH Friend,

CJ

I agree with Dig. Aluminum is best for weight reduction as you are going to be dragging it around for hours at a time. Stainless lip for penetration into the worst mud, sand or gravel you could imagine.

I also like a bigger scoop as smaller scoops take more scoops to get the target.

That being said, there are some excellent all stainless scoops that are so light because they are perforated so well. And they are strong too even with all the holes.

You may buy and sell several scoops till you find the right one for you. It took me four scoops till I decided that the Beach Brute was the one I liked best.

I got it off of XXXXXXXX and it's no longer available. It was made by L.I.F.T (Lost items finding Technology) a few years ago. I have since added a 2 1/2" extension lip on the front of the scoop and it changed it from a GOOD scoop to a GREAT scoop. Added before and after pictures.

I use the nuttall and sun spot stealth and love them both in the water.