Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterbury Button - How Old or What???

nwdetectorist

Ok, I found this Waterbury Button which is domed glass with brass backing and Waterbury marking, but...
...is the button older, or? I have found a couple of civil war and early 1900s Waterbury buttons before, but this is new to me.

Thanks for any advice in advance on what age this may be.

nwdetectorist

TOO MUCH DIRT - NOT ENUFF TIME

Attachments

• WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-3.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-3.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 130
  • WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-4.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-4.jpg
    293.1 KB · Views: 125
  • WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-5.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 124
  • WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-7.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-7.jpg
    306.1 KB · Views: 146
  • WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-8.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-8.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 127
  • WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-9.jpg
    WaterburyDomedBlackGlass-9.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 125
Of the four major button mfg. firms Waterbury is the only one still making uniform buttons (military I assume). 1944 the co.name changed
to Waterbury Companies, Inc. All according to Mcguinn & Bazelon. I have found hunting coat buttons (Waterbury) that were
turn of century and later(1900s) but the shank on yours looks more recent than that to me. Not much help I know.
Still a cool find!! I've also found some that were cloth covered on the face. Never seen one of glass though!

HH okie

Of the four major button mfg. firms Waterbury is the only one still making uniform buttons (military I assume). 1944 the co.name changed
to Waterbury Companies, Inc. All according to Mcguinn & Bazelon. I have found hunting coat buttons (Waterbury) that were
turn of century and later(1900s) but the shank on yours looks more recent than that to me. Not much help I know.
Still a cool find!! I've also found some that were cloth covered on the face. Never seen one of glass though!

HH okie
Thanks okierebel

I had posted on a Facebook group IDME and the response was the button was about like you stated; maybe mid-1900s.

HH

doyle