Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof coils?

Belenus

I realise that this subject has been discussed previously but I wasn't able to find a definitive answer as to whether elliptical and round 10.5"DD H coil can be used when wading or not? They are classified as water resistant and not waterproof, as are concentric X-Terra coils (plus sniper ones) and yet they are also classified as ideal coils for beach work.. Now this seems odd to say the least :wacko:
I have been using elliptical few times in salt water without any problems, but I do keep wondering..

They are classified as ideal coil for beach work due to the coverage and target separation. In the case of the elliptical (and high freq 10.5 inch DD), the 18.75 kHz is best suited for small coins and jewelry. If you are going to be using the elliptica underwater, I'd suggest running a bead of silicon around where the coil cover attaches to the coil and around where the cable goes into the coil. JMHO HH Randy

So what is the question?

If the qestion is which coils are water proof, then all the CCs and the 6"DD. If I recall

Thanks Digger. My point was that making coils specifically for beach work Minelab should have made them waterproof and not only "water resistant." Instead they've made concentric coils waterproof (plus sniper coils) which are used mostly on land, so did not need the treatment as much as "beach" coils.. We should not be expected to use silicon and keep wondering when that will fail and our coil will get flooded with water, which would invalidate warranty. Besides, while on elliptical it is easy to spot the seam on the coil, the same cannot be said about 10.5 DD H coil, which makes it even harder to protect it from water intrusion. I wonder why they could not have waterproofed all their coils, as do other manufacturers :confused: