Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof Headphone Issues

upstatedetector

Hi Everyone:

I have had the Simplex for a little over a month. I have the Nokta Makro wired waterproof headphones and while they worked OK for a while (volume had to be on the highest setting to be of much use) they recently quit working altogether. If I am in a silent room I can just barely and I mean barely hear a peep out of them if I run a coin over the coil at the highest volume setting and I have very good hearing. I just ordered a pair of the Gray Ghosts for the Simplex and I plug them in and I'm only getting audio out of one side and they too are not all that loud at the highest volume setting. Can my luck be that bad or could something be going on with the machine? I plugged a pair of basic Sony wired headphones into the machine using a 1/4" adaptor and the included headphone adaptor and they worked great with very loud audio so it isn't all headphones. Also, the machine charges and updates perfectly fine so I wouldn't think something was wrong with the port on the machine. Could I have just gotten two dud pair of headphones? Has anyone used the Nokta waterproof headphones for this machine or the Gray Ghosts?

Hi Everyone:

I have had the Simplex for a little over a month. I have the Nokta Makro wired waterproof headphones and while they worked OK for a while (volume had to be on the highest setting to be of much use) they recently quit working altogether. If I am in a silent room I can just barely and I mean barely hear a peep out of them if I run a coin over the coil at the highest volume setting and I have very good hearing. I just ordered a pair of the Gray Ghosts for the Simplex and I plug them in and I'm only getting audio out of one side and they too are not all that loud at the highest volume setting. Can my luck be that bad or could something be going on with the machine? I plugged a pair of basic Sony wired headphones into the machine using a 1/4" adaptor and the included headphone adaptor and they worked great with very loud audio so it isn't all headphones. Also, the machine charges and updates perfectly fine so I wouldn't think something was wrong with the port on the machine. Could I have just gotten two dud pair of headphones? Has anyone used the Nokta waterproof headphones for this machine or the Gray Ghosts?
I've had headphone issues since I bought mine. You'd think a $200 pair of phones would work on a $250 detector but no. Glad you said something. I guess I'll just stay with the speaker although I've never had a detector that I just used the speaker. Guess they set up that detector to make all that money.

I have a pair of UW Pelso headphones , and they work great on the simplex. I have to turn down the volume on the machine , or a quarter will blow my ear drums out.
I don't know where the problem lies with your units or phones.

I have two of the Simplex + units, and I also have a brand new pair of Nokta / Makro waterproof / submersible headphones. I don't swim, dive, or wade due to my impaired mobility and use of a cane. Plus I'm not near a coastal beach where sand is too much of a challenge to get around. However, I have tried the headphones on both of my Simplex + models as well as my Anfibio Multi, and there is absolutely no issue. If anything I need to reduce the Volume a little on the Simplex + units. Very loud and clear performance from those headphones with all three units I own.

Monte

Reactions: tvr
I received a replacement pair of the Gray Ghosts and they work well, at least as well as the Nokta Makro ones did initially. I'm still using them with the volume maxed out but the audio was good and it was quite windy at the lake tonight. I found a sterling boy scout ring in a short hunt. I'm sending the Nokta Makro pair in to the Georgia service center and that way I'll have a backup pair or I will give a pair to my nephew as I believe he will be getting a simplex.