Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Waterproof Makro Pin Pointer is a winner in my book :thumbup:

Ray-Mo.

I have been using the new waterproof Makro pinpointer now for about a month and am very impressed with it. Came with a great storage case, belt holster, small finds pouch/bag and two tip covers/protectors . Very sensitive and nice to be able to adjust the sensitivity with four levels of power to match your needs.

Also a nice touch being able to set up to run silent, audible , vibrate or both audio and vibrate if you so choose. Has a nice LED light as well that you can turn on and off with the push of a button.

Did I mention it is WATERPROOF :clapping:

I found the depth on coin size targets to be very good as well as the depth on much smaller targets. You may ask how small..... It will hit a tiny #4 lead birdshot at almost a half inch in air tests on highest setting. But wait it will do better much better if you choose to " super tune " the Makro by sliding a small coin or any other small metallic object up side of probe from tip till it just quits signaling and hold their for some extreme sensitivity.How extreme you say,glad you asked as it will hit a much smaller #8 lead birdshot at a half inch plus.

I have a very tiny natural gold nugget that it hits without super tuning that several other current models/brands will not make a peep on .Thinking the prospectors may like it and it is waterproof for those under water cracks and crevasses. Should work well at the beaches as well but the water was to cold for me to test here in MO in October.

The size is about average compared to most other current models available and carries quite well on an all day outing . The Makro did not cause any noticeable interference while using it next to both my XP Deus and Minelab CTX 3030 .

Over all I am very happy with this "pointer" except for an issue I had early on that was quite troubling and that was the fact that it would shut off sporadically . After a bit of aggravation I discovered that the 9 volt battery was loosing contact causing the issues . I took a small dental pick and pulled the springy metal contacts up a tiny bit and made sure to close the end cap tightly and the issue was gone for good . It may have been that I was not closing the cap tightly enough but either way it was smooth sailing and zero issues returned.

I personally feel that you are getting a great waterproof pinpointer at a very fair price with several extras included that makes it that much sweeter, Ray.

PS I did use it on a couple of rainy day hunts and submerged it numerous times with zero leakage .

Thanks for the report! I just got mine on Mon. and plan on using it this weekend. :super:

Ive been using mibe for month or so also Ray.I love it.Hasnt falsed or acted up at all.I haven't babied it one bit either.I didnt wash it for a few weeks to see if the speaker hole would get packed with dirt.Never happened,even in the mud I didnt have issue's.Makro Has a winner here.Im looking forward to spring and doing some creek detecting.I think this will really speed up my recovery over my vibra probe.Better keep an eye on Makro...I think we will be seeing alot more from them in the near future.Hh everyone. Jim T

can you compare it to the pro pointer by garret and the whites TRX ,