Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

We threw 2 MXT's at em today...

srf2112

...and we did o.k. My "pupil" Lorrie made the big score today with her first gold, a large 14K mens white-gold band ! I started Lorrie in MD'ing and picked her up an MXT some months back. She only has about 30-40 hours in so I took her to a new spot I scouted hoping to help put her on her first silver coin....she aimed a little higher. I was so happy for her I felt like a proud papa. Later in the day I went out for a quick pre-dark hunt and found my first Indian Head penny !! From all indications and signs, I KNEW there had to be an Indian in this area and had pounded this spot repeatedly looking for just that. 15 mins in I pushed my coil into the bushes just a LITTLE farther and hit a nice soft 70 VDI at 4" and out popped this nice 1905 IH. I am completely stoked ! Guess I can take it off of the top of my "list" of things I still need to find in 2011.

Scott, I am beaming for you also. What a great time had by all. Both of you got your "firsts" and how exciting. Beautiful gold ring and tell her congratulations for us. And same with your find with the 1905 Indian Cent. YAHOO!!!!!!!! Now you'll have to think of something else to put on the top of your "goal" list. We woke up to a blizzard and your post has brightened my day. HH, Nancy

Those are a couple of nice finds, I would be happy with either of them.

SRF2112,

Nice job on your part. 2 definite keepers. :thumbup::thumbup: That ring should bring back a bit of coinage from the gold shop? I'm liking that IH penny too. :thumbup: I've found a few but they've been in pretty poor shape in comparison.

CCH2244 :rofl:

Nice story and great finds! Thanks for the pictures too.

NebTrac

Both are nice. If there's one indian there might be two, or three. HH John

Thanks everyone. After she found the ring she thought it was totally reasonable to offer it to me...?!? That wasn't going to happen. She was so appreciative for my prodding and help getting her into MD'ing and she said she felt like "she didn't do anything". Now I HAVE done what I can to help her learning curve and try to minimize her growing pains but as we all know, there's only so much you can do and making it easy for someone to find a gold ring isn't part of it. In fact I had suggested to her to try and cherry pick high VDI's in hopes of her finding a silver coin. Since she doesn't get to hunt often but has become an enthusiastic MD'er she says she "...even likes digging pulltabs" and apparently did just that.

I wish I liked digging pulltabs !
But hey ,,, Congrats to you both, for such nice finds.

Thats awesome.

I totally understand where she's coming from. Pulltabs, etc. dig them all. HH, Nancy