Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wedding Band found on Christmas Eve

I contacted a company that owned land I wanted to detect last week. It was folks that build sub-divisions, they had made a huge one right down the road, then bought a little 3 acres parcel, bulldozed the building (and old store started in the late 1940's) and put up one of their signs. I had to give them a release of liability, so was talking to their land acquisition guy. He ask would someone be willing to help his father in law find the wedding band he had lost in his back yard, some time ago, or would they charge them to find it. He had bought a cheap metal detector and tried himself with no luck. I told him I would ask the guys on a couple of facebook metal detecting sights I am on, seeing as the city where they were, was an hour drive from me.

One person responded, but I couldn't get a reply back from them, but a guy on the other page, said that's the city he lived in, and would be glad to go. The next day, Christmas Eve, he wrote me and said he went there, and found the ring in 20 minutes, the man was elated to say the least. I said well, I reckon he gave them a good Christmas present! :)

I know we are getting to be in this society where everyone wants compensation for doing anything that might be mildly out of their way but what ever happened to just doing the right thing? Some of the best payoffs I’ve ever received were strong handshakes, tight hugs, or squeaky voices and teary eyes barely able to say Thank You. I remember those far more than I do a piece of paper money being handed over.
Just saying....... Glad someone did the right thing!!