Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wedding ring found and returned in less than a day

JamesBondaka

I went to Florida for a few months for some decent vacation. Another beautiful day as I arrived at the beach about noon. A lifeguard I know came over to say hello. He says someone lost the wedding ring a few minutes ago at station 12. I said I would go look. When I got there, there was another guy with an excal already hunting in the water. I talked to the other lifeguard and she pointed out the person that lost their ring. He was from Argentina on vacation with wife and child.

He told me that he was adjusting the ring and it slipped off and he saw it hit the water....and then gone. I asked him what it looked like and his wife's was a match.Oh by the way, he said, I lost it yesterday!!! I said lots of people hunt this beach so maybe its here and maybe not. I will give it a shot. It occurred to me that last night were he dropped it in the water, was now wet beach and not where the other detectorist was hunting in the ocean.

I started hunting.....about 10 minutes later.....I got a good signal....sure enough.....gold wedding band and it was like his wife's ring. I called to him and said to him...."can you tell me what it looked like again"? He asked his wife to come over and show me hers. I said that's funny because I have one just like it on my little finger! For a minute...he thought I had one just like his and then it dawned on him. He was very happy! He thought it was gone for sure.

They gave me an orange juice and we chatted for a bit. He thought I was with the city as I knew some lifeguards and this was a public service. I said no....just trying to help you out. He wanted to pay me. I said no thank you....glad to help especially on your vacation..

About 4 hours later,,,,he ran about 1.5 blocks to catch up with me and handed me some money....I refused but he said it was the least he could do as his wife was going to kill him for loosing his wedding ring....I relented ......and he said...."if you come to Argentina,,,,I owe you a drink". It was a nice day indeed!

I love happy ending stories.......:buds: thanks for sharing it, I like your choice of detectors too. Now about this few months vacation thing....

Larry (IL) said:
I love happy ending stories.......:buds: thanks for sharing it, I like your choice of detectors too. Now about this few months vacation thing....

I was happy to do it.....going on vacation and losing something like that would not be fun. Now, they(we) have a good story that will be told for awhile!

The detector was great....I learned a lot with it as I just purchased it. No more nasty bottle caps. Sadly to say, the last day of my trip....it leaked....so now its at Minelab being fixed. We will see how that goes.

Don't knock the vacation thing.....till you try it....maybe you should join me next time? Nothing like hunting on the beach.....with lots to look at:shocked:.....but thats another story!

I can relate to the guy who lost the ring. I lost my wedding ring about 6 months after I got married. I was working on my race boat and had the ring in my pocket so it would not get lost. When I pulled up to the dock and took my keys out of my pocket the ring was tangled up in them and it fell in the water. It was about 8' deep in South Louisiana and the visibility there is ZERO with a soft mud bottom. I didn't even bother to try and look for it. To this day, my wife brings that ring up on occasion and we just celebrated our 40th anniversary.

Great Find and outstanding detective work as to where to look. I spent a week (1-19 to 1-26) down in South West Florida and the Gulf did not look anything like the background in your picture. It Was ROUGH. Winds were out of the North West and Waves were 4 feet and higher breaking right up close to the beach.

My Brother-In-Law and I decided that it would be foolhardy to try to detect in that rough water so we stayed on the sand. Our finds were few and very far between. I got approximately five dollars in clad. We hit seven different beaches in three days. Only one beach showed any promise and out time there was very limited because one of our party was just recovering from life a threatening illness.

I did find one sterling ear ring that a lady had lost and returned it to her.

Thanks George,

You never really know what the water is going to be like and then it can change so fast.....just like the weather! It was actually a little bit rough that day. It has been better.

I like you tried many times to hunt in rough surf....If there a big ring right near the top of the sand....great but otherwise its just too hard for me to concentrate and fight the water at the same time.

So, then I head to the sand and wait for the surf to calm down....sometimes it works....sometimes it gets worse.