Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wednesday and Thursday hunts...One more off the list!

DiggerODirt

Wednesday we went to a local park on the south side of town that we did not think would produce anything spectacular. We started off in the woods, and found absolutely nothing but trash. I got tired of snagging my coil on small twigs and scrub, so I went back down the hill to the flats near the creek...First hit I got was a slamming 11-47 at 8 inches. I noticed that someone else had dug in this same spot, but not quite deep enough. I heard tell of a new hunter with a cheap detector and NO pin-pointer...Lucky me! He left behind a 1908 Barber Quarter with an old bus token pasted to the back of it...Maybe someone had to walk home...I also pulled a 1945 Washington Quarter in the same area. On Thursday I killed the Wheaties, but only found 1 more Silver, a 1916 Merc. Too bad it was not minted in Denver...$$$...25 Wheaties in 2 days is not bad either...
My buddy had a big coil on his CTX and found about many more silvers than I did.

HH,

]NICE WORK DIGGER!!!!
Still looking for my first silver........any denomination.
Guess I have not paid enough dues to te hobby yet! LOL

Silver is getting harder and harder to come by.......probably, in some part, due to the pronounced improvement of metal detectors in recent years. It is still out there, just getting harder to put a coil over it, not to mention how much is covered with concrete and asphalt!!

Awesome!!!!! :super:

Now that is a fantastic day of hunting!

You have a old spot there. I would hit it a few more times... KEN,, IND

Been back 3 times and it is getting very thin now...I think there are older coins here, but just too deep to find with our machines and coils....My buddy uses the big 17" coil too...Soil is very loose and soft.
Would love to catch this spot if they ever dig it up to resod it.

HH,

Nice finds. Im sure others will attest to finding as you noted a dig unfulfilled. Pinpointers do help, Ive like you have recovered some nice stuff from holes left by others, obviously who probably gave up too early. Syracuse is central NY are you up there? CO

Nice digs! I got an Indian Head Penny last year in a plug where someone didn't feel like digging under the root once they got to it lol. I love lazy people!

[size=x-large]WOWSER DUDE! :yikes: You were working ome nice ground there[/size]

Love that old silver, especially the Barbers! Thanks for the good writeup and photos, too! :cheers: