Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Wednesday's keepers & a first for my hunting partner :clapping:

Ytcoinshooter

Finds from Wednesday. Same lake I've been hitting lately. My stepson Casey led us to what was supposed to be another old area frequented for swimming. It is still currently used and we found mostly clad. I attributed the lack of wheat cents and the like to that fact. People are going to hunt where they know the action is if they didn't know where it used to be long ago. When Casey came across a few bits of really blackened Sterling jewelry I offered to him those finds if old enough held hope that we'd find silver coins. A few minutes later I see him pumping both arms overhead saying "I got a big one". His first silver half. Glad it was him, he watched me scoop two of them and 3 gold rinds from the previous spot he led us to.
my finds. below I got this tag with a message on it to return it to the address on the reverse, it may have been on a chain with other items at one time. The bit of the address I can make out is local to where I found it. Here is part of a USPS mail box key: later we moved to the other side of the lake where I repeatedly pounded the old beach. We weren't finding anything but foil and a couple .22 cal shells and lead. Retrying a spot that would have been the furthest edge or boundary to what was the old beach I got a bouncing signal that was better than the foil I was chasing. This is a picture of how it looked after knocking the sand off and rinsing it in the lake. holding it up to the light there was an Erie light green glow when the light passes through it. It didn't change color I attempted to show one pic here with the light passing through it. Glass? I don't know but it's very nice to look at. It's not a mood ring and it looks like it has some vintage to it. slim pickings but everyone got something as it turned out. Casey had 3 silver rings, 1 earring, piece of silver chain and the half dol. His dad who is just starting out detecting found one of his dimes to be a '57.
It raining out now (Friday morning) and I'm hoping it lightens up or clears out in time to get some swing time in today. Happy Friday to everyone!
HH - Bruce

Congratz on all the finds, especially the half dollar. I have found only 1. Hope to see another soon.
Thanks for sharing.

I like the ring, looks older. Nice finds. Jabbo

Wow that was a great hunt! :twodetecting:

I was comparing it to an antique (1887-1912) jade & gold ring I dug a year ago and now wear. I like the hand tooled peace pipes on the shoulders, my jeweler friend thought it was one of my best finds. I'll have to show him the mystery ring, it could be glass...? Highly reflective.

Thats a beauty of a ring and a great write up! Good info in there to help us all learn about the subtleties of this sport....how to 'age' a place based on the finds...and how to hunt those side edges that often get overlooked...good hunt and post, Bruce!:beers:
Mud