Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Week of Hunting

GeorgeinSC

I have spent this week in Wv hunting the elusive wild turkey. Have had two or three gobblers lured away and led astray by hens. This morning a hen in her attempt to lead him astray led him to me. She came to within 15 yards of where I was sitting but his closest point of approach was 40 yards. After her close visit she started to leave and he was going to follow but before he got back into the woods the Benelli Nova barked and he hit the dirt. 18 lbs, 9 in beard, 3/4 in spurs. I suspect that he is a two year old bird. When not hunting I have been dirt fishing. Picked up a 1943 quarter, 1940 Merc, 1941 Merc, 1946 Rosie and a 1941 20 centavos coin that was minted by the US for the Phillipines. Knew immediately what I had as I picked up one in the Pi back around 60/61.

Elusive wild Turkey? Look at that picture! Didja shoot him on a golf course, or in somebodies back yard? Did that gobbler have corn all over his breath?:rofl:
Ha! Good week for you Geo, now go catch a big Blue and call it a year! :clapping:
Mud

Mud I waited until I got him to my brother in laws house before I took the pictures. Too tempting to carry a camera when hunting. I might forget to shoot the proper item. That bird sure did put on a show for me and that hen. I watched him strut and carry on for 20-25 minutes. Adrenalin flow got quite high at times. After having Four birds cut off by hens and led astray that corn Idea was beginning to sound real good. Only problem is that I have made friends with the Local (WV) Game Warden and he knows where I hunt. LOL.

Planning on going in the morning to see if I can do anything with the Blue cats. Freezer needs to be restocked. To protect the resource the state has instituted a limit of one Blue over 38 inches per day. Better carry a tape measure with me. Actually would prefer a few of those in the 5 to 10 lb range.

They take their sweet arse time! They seem to know they are protected. I have seen one, sitting on a neighbors deck railing. Sat there long enough for me to go get my camera,walk back, and take his photo, within ten feet!