Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend finds, silver, gold and 950

Patty and I got out for a bit today. She's been a real pain with the soft cast on, that I let her do some water hunting today. The water was real nice, not rough at all and a couple of other hunters around too. First hit was a small cross earring and later a gold earring. She got herself a cute .925 ring with chinese symbols.
I decided to bypass the crowd by heading to the jetty in search of a lost cross and chain (been looking for this since saturday--its never were they think ). Got the signal just as someone was asking if I ever find anything, boy what timing. Shortly after a fatty silver band and a PD950 as we were heading back to the van.

[attachment 96713 june29.jpg]

[attachment 96715 pd950s.jpg]

n/t

Great finds, wish I was there. My wife and I used to hunt together and we didn't just double our finds. It more than double the fun. Best to all, Mike.

Is there a story about why you were searching for the cross and perhaps a return to the owner? Regards...Jim.

A vacationer was with his daughter and had asked what I was doing. I explained that I was metal detecting searching for lost coins or jewelry. He told me that he had lost a cross and chain earlier in the day and offered my $20 if I found it. I told him I would glad to search and if I found it I would gladly return it without the need for a reward. I search the area (he was positive about) where he lost it for over and hour while looking for other finds. I explained how chains especially thin one can be difficult, not knowing if they were intack, but maybe the cross would show up. Later, I asked where he was staying, where he told me one of the hotels, but didnt want to tell me where or what unit, but rather thanked me for trying and left. The next day, I searched again, thinking for sure that one of the AM hunters probably got it. I can understand why no one earlier got it, it wasnt near the search area, but about 75 feet further out.

Just goes to show you, Its never where they think it is.

Fantastic day Paul, I had a Guy ask me to look for his ring , but would not give his name or where to find him, go figure. Tell Patty get well soon. I ordered my battreies today, thanks again. HH