Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend hunt:usmc:

Rivermarine1

Went out this morning until the heat chased me home. Been hunting at an old AFB, closed in 1958. Got access to some the old housing area. Did pretty good till the temp got to about 95, had to run for shade. Here is was my finds:

1- 1929 Mercury dime 3- Clad quarters
1- 1955 Jefferson nickel 59- Clad pennies
1- 1944D wheat penny 7- Roosevelt dimes
2- 1945 wheat pennies (no mint mark) 11- Hot wheel type cars
1- 1949S wheat penny ?- pounds of aluminum cans, pull tabs, cut wire, electrical connector, etc.
1- 1950D wheat penny
1- 1952S wheat penny
3- 1952D wheat pennies
1- 1954S wheat penny
1- 1955D wheat penny

Most of the wheats came from where the back yards used to be. The houses themselves have been leveled, but you can still see the outline. The dryness around here has made digging any depth almost impossible. Need some rain. Hope to go back next week, time permitting.

Great finds, good haul. Cant wait to get my first Merc. Were the Roosevelt's old? Sounds like a good hunting spot. Just keep swinging.

Sounds like a great area to hunt. Silver is nice, but wheaties are still my favorite, but silver closed at what [I think $16.55]? Nice Sir. Lets hope for a morning of rain and see what you find.
Doug in OR

Went back again today. Found 17 Hot wheels, Almost gave up digging because it seem all I could find, but my luck changed. All total for 3 hours, found 11 clad pennies, 3 roosevelts, 1 George, 3 wheats, the oldest a 1930, and a small silver ring with a stone, probably glass, but nice. Got hot and went home.