Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekend huts with the Tool making comparations with the Etrac :clapping:

elki1052

Okay. tis is the deal.
got out for the weekend to my (LOCAL PARKS 2 OF THEM) they are public parks and have been hunt by a lot of detectorints including myself using 4 diferent machines in the pass. A White's 6000 PRO, Sov. GT, T2-SE and the Etrac.
I have to said that I was thinking they were cleaned up by now but I WAS WRONG!!!
With this new Tool now I have more parks to go and recollect what everyone else is leaving bihind.
I desided to take the Etrac and the Tool just to test targets and make my self clear of what I was doing (because I trust the Etrac you know)
I start out Friday about 3:30 and was testing side by side each and every single target with the 2 machines, On the Etrac I was hunting the way I always do it All way open or All Metal. and for the Tool I was using.

Ground =MAN
CORSE= 8 TO 9
FINE = 2 TO 4
GAIN = 1.25
TONE = MAX
DISC L = 7
DISC D = 6 TO 8
SILENCER = 6 TO 7

the total hunt for that day was not to good because I was more than enything testing targets and responses from the Tool agaist the Etrac but never the less I was able to find a NICE silver necklease about 6" down no problema for any detector ( but It was miss by a lot others) like 2 feet away a got a faint signal with the Tool but nothing with the Etrac, dig it out and got a 16" silver chain that I'm sure it belonged to the necklease.
I was very impress because of the size and thikness of the chain, it was about 2" dip just ubder the turf grass.
Saturday I hunt for 5hrs and got a lost of clud and some weat pennies, I was still testing he 2 machines but half way to the hunt desided that it was time to let the BIG TOOL run by itself and it's when the fan begain.
I got a 1958 D rosy at about 10" dip and it was a solid bip all arround plus a lot more clud.
Today Sunday I hunt for 3 hrs because I had a Club meeting to go byt here are the results.

266 pennies
24 quaters
24 dimes
33 nickels
13 waeties the oldest 1919 S
1 Jefferson Conmm. tocken
1 Washington tax tocken
1 100 pesos (Mexican) 1988
1 1 peseta (spain) 1975
1 1958 D rosy
1 necklease 925 Italy
1 necklease Chain 16" 925 Italy
32 pulltabs
about 2 pounds of trash.
4 car toys
and a lot of havy Iron ad 15 rusty nail.
Now Maybe one of you here can tell me wy I was unable to discriminate some nails?
Wy al surface coins sound like metal with double bip?
Wy Nickles sound like spit on each pass the same for the weat pennies?
One thing that I found out is all coins on edge sound like scrachy or with spit at the end.
One thing that I learn is the sound on the dip coins or good targets is so easy to tell.

AND ABOUT THIS MACHINE NOT GOOD FOR HUNTING ON PUBLIC TRASHY PARKS? I HAVE TO SAID THAT I DESAGREE BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO GET GOOD TARGETS FROM AREAS WHERE THE ETRAC WAS NOT ABLE TO GET A GOOD SIGNAL ON ANY SIDE OR WITH ANY PROGRAM IT ALL, IT ALLWAYS GIVE ME A NAIL OR METAL NUMBER AND IT'S HOW I GOT THE ROSY.
IT'S JUST ABOUT THE WAY THE MACHINE IS GRAUND BALANCE, IT RUN SO SMOOTH THAT IT FILL LIKE PLOWING A SOFT FIELD.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING.
HH.
ELKI.

Nuce haul. I would have expected to find a LOT more pulltabs. Shallw signals will give a double blip. Not sure why you dug the nails. I relic hut with mine and hardly ever dig a stright nail. You hae give me hope on hunting old parks.

keep on diggin'

jimyk in Misouri

Elki,

Impressive. I can't say why you weren't able to discriminate out nails - I hear them, spitting at me mostly, but I know they are iron before I dig them. The main reason I haven't used the Bliss in the parks is because I don't want to dig too deep a hole; I don't mind digging deep if I can do that cleanly; but if it's too deep, then I have to go wider too. However; based on what you just said and showed, I might give it a whirl in a "reasonably clean" park close to work on Tuesday after work.

How deep were your deeper targets?

Tim

Elki.
Very impressive...
I think we are learning something now... To High DD and we lose some good target, and to low, we dig to must iron and nails. It looks like that you found a very usefull settings.
This is what I had learn, if a iron nail comes up ! I raise the DD a little, like 0,1 at the time, but not to much. (Rather dig some few nails and not loseing the silver jewelry. )
I don't know about this idea ! With my Vanqero I go with low/medium Disc., and raise it over a target, to see where it drops out... Maybee similar can Be done with the Bliss.?
Henrik.

Henrikras.
I agree with you beter to get few nails that loosing the good stuff. one thing that I notice is some of the Nickles spit like metal mainly if they are on edge.
so it's hard not to be tempted to did out a signal that is not so crear maily whan few targets before that sounded like nais were actualy nickles or A perfec example the 1919 D weathy wich it sound just like nail and wirh the Etrac it was not a sure good target it was buncing from 16-38, 19-44, 14-43 even at few times at 29-28 so it was creasy too.

Very impressive...
I think we are learning something now... To High DD and we lose some good target, and to low, we dig to must iron and nails. It looks like that you found a very usefull settings.
This is what I had learn, if a iron nail comes up ! I raise the DD a little, like 0,1 at the time, but not to much. (Rather dig some few nails and not loseing the silver jewelry. )

Tin Fin.
I have to said that I'm like you, I will never dig a big hole in a park, 12" is the dipper I will dig, that is the reason that at this time I give up on few GOOD RESPONCIVE targets 360 degrees.
At one time I desided to dig as dip as the target was and it was at 18" that I got the big metal Ring that you see on the picture, it was flat all the way down and it had a solid responce But I could.t see it with the Erac at all.

One more thing that I was traying eack time that I uncover a good target I was raising the coil from the gound to see how far off the gound will produce a decent (repited beep to make me desided to dig out) and some of the targets will be at few inches above the sulface of the gound so that will add that much to the actual depth of the target, I'm very very very Impress let me tell you.
when I got to the botton of that hole were I got that metal ring, I raised the coil and 4" above the surface it will produce a beep that I will dig out.

HH.
Elki.

The main reason I haven't used the Bliss in the parks is because I don't want to dig too deep a hole; I don't mind digging deep if I can do that cleanly; but if it's too deep, then I have to go wider too. However; based on what you just said and showed, I might give it a whirl in a "reasonably clean" park close to work on Tuesday after work.

elki1052 said:
Today Sunday I hunt for 3 hrs because I had a Club meeting to go byt here are the results.

266 pennies
24 quaters
24 dimes
33 nickels
13 waeties the oldest 1919 S
1 Jefferson Conmm. tocken
1 Washington tax tocken
1 100 pesos (Mexican) 1988
1 1 peseta (spain) 1975
1 1958 D rosy
1 necklease 925 Italy
1 necklease Chain 16" 925 Italy
32 pulltabs
about 2 pounds of trash.
4 car toys
and a lot of havy Iron ad 15 rusty nail.

Wow on a 3 hr hunt that would be about 2.25 targets dug every minute non stop for 3 hours. Your a machine!

Dave

NO don't confuce things i am not a machine to dig that much. it was e weekend hunt not just Sunday. Sunday Y hunt for few hours because I had a club metting to go but on Friday I hunt for about 3 hrs, Saturday from 8:00 am to about 2:30 PM.
thank's
Elki.