Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weekly totals for the F75

jd88047

I enjoy my F75. I have spent a few sets of battery's in hunting and have a few working setting I trust now. I usually hunt parks and haven't been nugget shooting or cache hunting with it for a few days. I have finally found some old silver coins, but those aren't in this weeks totals. I did remove what lil trash I did dig, and all new coins that will work in the coin star machine. Even in the most trashy areas, I can use my 11" coil and still pick out good signals, on top of or right next to pull tabs and bottle caps. I still dig a few bottle caps and pull tabs, but not very many and happy with that. Now my pinpointers are acting up so I have my 5" inch coil on now, and still digging just as many coins if not more with it. I found a few pocket spills today, was nice to get out and hunt with Jeff again. Jeff is a good luck charm. he hunts with the T2. The T2 is really a great machine also, Jeff pull some funky looking stuff out the parks we hunt for sure. Jeff digs a lot deeper than me too. Without a pin pointer, I wont dig any 11" inch targets. No pennys at 2' feet this week. But I wasn't in all metal mode either. Im happy just hunting the first 6" inches or so. Jeff kind of gets aggravated as I pull coin after coin out of the ground, and he is pulling old tin cups and candlestick holders up. I haven't went deep yet......lol. I just barely turn this thing on, and go. The machine is very accurate it ID and depth when I do this. The 5" inch coil really settles the machine down too, its very quiet. So quiet I wonder sometimes if its working at all. This unit was bought used, and I have had it about 6 months. I hunt the desert, and parks of this area. I do have emi issues, that can be overcome. If I want this machine to go really deep, I have to get away from the power lines. All Metal mode is deeper than the disc modes. There is one mode that is super sensitive and can only be run in the desert. This si a older machine without the power boost mode. I cant imagine this detector ever hotter. It isn't a minelab, or a AT Pro. But if there was a machine that could do it all, the F75 would be close. I don't count how many coins I found, I count trash to coin targets. It lets me know if I am not overloading the coil signal and causing it to miss or false on targets. Again, this is about half of what I have found. The good looking change and eyeball finds are in a bag awaiting the coin machine at the bank. Thanks for looking.

If there ever was a do it all machine the F75 would have to be the one I would choose. The etrac is nice, the Tejon is great, the Vaquero is a neat detector that really gets the job done. But for an all around do it all and do it right detector...the F75 is tough to beat at any price. Looks like you are really enjoying yours! I liked my first one so much I bought a second one!!

LittleJohn

Yes, I looking to pick up a few more detectors. For now I am good with the older F75. I am glad I got it. It doesn't get enough interest on the forums as it should.

Nice work and write up! I have the 11"dd on my F70 and hunt the trash effectively too...looks like we hunt the same style, turn on and go, 6" to surface...one of these days I'll get a 5" and try it out, but for right now I'm happy with what I get with the current set up.:clapping:
Mud

JD no need for another detector unless you are going to get it wet. That machine you have is the same one that my son and I use, and if it's in the ground the F75 will sure enough find it. At some point down the road I would like to try the T2SE or the F75LTD but dont know if they could really be much better because the original F75 is a monster.

LittleJohn

mudpuppy said:
Nice work and write up! I have the 11"dd on my F70 and hunt the trash effectively too...looks like we hunt the same style, turn on and go, 6" to surface...one of these days I'll get a 5" and try it out, but for right now I'm happy with what I get with the current set up.:clapping:
Mud

The 5" does really well and quiets down the F75. It gets depth you wouldn't believe.

Yes I hunt around the 6" mark.

LittleJohn said:
JD no need for another detector unless you are going to get it wet. That machine you have is the same one that my son and I use, and if it's in the ground the F75 will sure enough find it. At some point down the road I would like to try the T2SE or the F75LTD but dont know if they could really be much better because the original F75 is a monster.

LittleJohn

I do agree. They are also lighter than most and easy on battery's. It might rain 2" inches a year here, no need to get it wet. I needed to hear that. Just a quick note on the T2, it may actually get deeper than the F75 in field conditions. Only on relic items. My buddys T2 cant get the coins like I do, or I should say as fast as I do. But once he gets a program he may very well beat me. I would pay attention to my Sunday hunts, its a old school from the 1880's.