Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weight comparison

El

Does anyone have the weights for the following units?
Deus 2 with remote and 9" FMF coil.
Deus 2 with remote and 11" FMF coil. Is this one front end heavy?
Manticore with 11" coil

Thanks,
El

Does anyone have the weights for the following units?
Deus 2 with remote and 9" FMF coil.
Deus 2 with remote and 11" FMF coil. Is this one front end heavy?
Manticore with 11" coil

Thanks,
El
Keep in mind if weight is a big concern you can use the D2 with just the puck on the stem and then you are at 1.5 lbs or if constantly looking at the screen is not necessary you can keep the remote on your belt or pocket and now its even lighter

I use the deus 1 with the remote on my arm with the hf 9x5 coil and so does my friend. The other day he put the 11 inch coil on his machine for 15 minutes, then told me that it was too heavy that he was going to get his hf 9x5 coil back on. Is the 11 inch on the deus 1 that much heavier ?

I use the deus 1 with the remote on my arm with the hf 9x5 coil and so does my friend. The other day he put the 11 inch coil on his machine for 15 minutes, then told me that it was too heavy that he was going to get his hf 9x5 coil back on. Is the 11 inch on the deus 1 that much heavier ?
They are about 1/4 pound or .27 lbs at the most on the D2,I suspect its about the same for the D1. Heavy is perspectively different to different people.
If one doesn’t have to look at the numbers constantly, putting it in your pocket or on your hip is even better.
The leather case that comes with the remote has a belt clip and magnetic closing strap so you can flip it open quickly to glance at it.
The watch like wrist strap for the puck is nice, too bad they don’t have a wrist strap for the remote.
I would think it would be easier to look at the remote while attached to your hip/belt than your arm unless you have a really big belly lol. Having to hold your arm up and out can get tiring.
As for the coil you definitely get spoiled with the light weight and going back to anything heavier you will notice it. Going back to a standard detector 3lbs and up would seem like a cement block

The other day he put the 11 inch coil on his machine for 15 minutes, then told me that it was too heavy
Actual weight may not be the issue. It very well might be how the balance is changed by the coil more so than the added weight. Over the years I've made counter weights for some of my detectors because adding the counter weight, while increasing total weight, made it balance better and be much easier to swing for long periods of time because it then balanced well.

Actual weight may not be the issue. It very well might be how the balance is changed by the coil more so than the added weight. Over the years I've made counter weights for some of my detectors because adding the counter weight, while increasing total weight, made it balance better and be much easier to swing for long periods of time because it then balanced well.
Technically weight is the issue if the coil with more weight is causing it to be unbalanced. Adding more weight only makes it more of a weight issue but I totally get what you are saying with counter weight making it more comfortable. So what came first the weight or balance, the chicken or the egg lol.
Here is another point though. Many including myself only got the Deus primarily for the light weight, the wireless,other features and great performance were just a bonus after the fact. Those young athletic burly people where 2 lbs, 3lbs, or 5lbs doesn’t make a difference either way might have a hard time seeing it that way and maybe primarily got it for other reasons and the light weight was a bonus after the fact.
For some with certain health issues every ounce can make a difference. Adding a counter weight although balances better still might be too heavy.
I looked at shafts that were custom made for the Deus with the counterweight added to balance it better. But its not for everyone as the overall weight brings it back up over 3lbs same weight as most other new detectors. I am very happy with the Deus now that i have it but lets say before i made the decision to purchase it the overall weight was 3lbs, I might not have considered getting it because my other 3 lb detector was just fine, or i might have chosen a different one say a manticore instead but it was the much lighter weight that made me decide to get it. So again i get that the counterweight will balance better but that overall weight then would essentially defeat the purpose of getting the deus in the first place for some.

Won't the wrist strap for the Deus remote fit the Deus 2 one or is it that much larger?
The wrist strap for the D2 is for the puck if the D1 has a remote wrist strap it might work i heard the D2 remote is just slightly larger. I imagine the waterproof case is mainly why. Thats a good question though if there is a wrist strap they make for the D1 remote

Attachments

• IMG_3113.jpeg
    IMG_3113.jpeg
    738.7 KB · Views: 76
I have a wrist strap for the Deus. It is put out by XP. No ifs about it.

• XP DEUS Remote Armband Protection Case

XP LCD Remote Armband Protection Case
    This protective case features a weatherproof design. Protect the remote control against rain, water splashes scratches. Adjustable armband strap. Can be attached to arm or directly to the telescopic stem.

Won't the wrist strap for the Deus remote fit the Deus 2 one or is it that much larger?
The remote for the D1 appears to be slimmer in design as the charging cable is a usb that plugs into the bottom. The D2 is 50% heavier 150g vs 100g and the charging port is a screw on that sticks out of the back.
On the hip mount case for the D2 there is even a cutout for the port.
I believe the D2 housing alone is too thick to fit in the D1 wrist case
Even if you were able to stretch out the wrist case on the D1, and slide it in with lube lol the charging port that sticks out would not let it fit.
I could be wrong as I don’t have the wrist case but would be nice if it did fit.

Attachments

• IMG_3120.jpeg
    IMG_3120.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3121.jpeg
    IMG_3121.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 90
I think a better design would have been to keep the port on the bottom. Sticking out of the back would make it hard to lay flat on your wrist even if it did fit in the case.

I have my 9” deus2 with lightweight ( Orx) shaft with WS6 on stem or wrist band ( homemade) and 11 “ coil on deus2 shaft with option to wear remote on sleeve or slip into a special 3-d printed holder I bought which is easy and attaches to the stem such that getting knocked off is impossible.
I can use either ws6 or remote with either coil of course. Being light and nimble is super important to me. WS6 on stem with 9” coil is the lightest there is full stop ( as the libs say)

I have my 9” deus2 with lightweight ( Orx) shaft with WS6 on stem or wrist band ( homemade) and 11 “ coil on deus2 shaft with option to wear remote on sleeve or slip into a special 3-d printed holder I bought which is easy and attaches to the stem such that getting knocked off is impossible.
I can use either ws6 or remote with either coil of course. Being light and nimble is super important to me. WS6 on stem with 9” coil is the lightest there is full stop ( as the libs say)
Yep just over 1.5 lbs

The wrist strap for the D2 is for the puck if the D1 has a remote wrist strap it might work i heard the D2 remote is just slightly larger. I imagine the waterproof case is mainly why. Thats a good question though if there is a wrist strap they make for the D1 remote
For the puck controller of my D2 I took the wristband I had from the Deus 1 I had and I made a band out of wide elastic from some thing I had. I used a red hot poker to melt holes in the puck holder and zip tied the band to it. Came out extremely well(I can post pics if anyone is interested). I like it much better than the watch band it originally had. I did the same thing for the remote using a remote cover bought on eBay. So I have the option to wear either on my wrist or mounted on the shaft.

Relicmaster, send a few pics if you can. Sound very interesting. I bought the D2 because of the weight savings. Never looked back. I use a homemade balance weight on my other 2 detectors and naturally it adds weight but it also balances so much better. The coils don't pill down anymore. An arm saver for me.

I’ll post some pics later today, WW.
I hunt woods a lot and the lightness of the Deus2 ( and formerly the Deus and Orx) is more than a nice feature- it’s a necessity. I have added weight to the back of the arm cuff of the Deus 2 shaft which I use for the 11” coil ( the 9” coil is used with an Orx shaft). I find that The improved balance more than offsets the added weight. I really love the compact lightness and versatility of the Deus2. I’ll be using it the last week of September for my first ever beach hunting. Should be great fun.