Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weight of WOT 15"

jspoon

Does the 15 wot weigh more than the stock 10" tornado coil?
Thanks HH

The WOT is 26.3 the Tornado is 26.6 with or without coil cover dont make much difference . Jim

This thread, attached to the coil sticky thread, has a bunch of user reported weights in it...

http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,1303616

Here's one of them concerning the WOT, but there are conflicting weights for it in there so perhaps there is a newer version that weighs less like Neil said below...

Neil said:
Critter here are some coil weights to add to your chart. I just did these. The WOT I have is a new one and is a little lighter than the one you have posted, perhaps they are using a lighter filler now? These weights are without the covers.

WOT......27.848 oz

10" Tornado .......23.132 oz

8" Tornado.......15.534 oz

8" Coinsearch......17.030 oz (didnt take a pic of this one on the scale)

For me, the 10" Tornado without a coil cover but with 4 or 5 coats of spray on bed liner on the bottom weighs 23.3 ounces on a digital scale, so that's right in line with the above weight. All the above weights are without coil covers and with the coil cable included on the scale, but the thread has weights people did of various coils with and without coil covers too.

One of the more important factors of how heavy a coil feels on the shaft is whether it has a center mounting point or not to not make the detector feel nose heavy. I have used two coils that only had a half ounce difference in weight, yet the one with a more towards the back mounting point felt much heavier to me than it's half ounce more weight would have made me think.