Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weight ~ shoulder issue

cladcanada

I love my Impact!
It's coming up on a year using the Impact. An old upper arm injury has been getting progressively worse. I have been using the small football coil and the concentric coils and that has helped. Anyone have any tips for dealing with shoulder injuries? I may have to look at a lighter Nokta . .....or ??

The Multi-Kruzer is much lighter, you can use the Impact 7" concentric with the Kruzer. Unless you find the coil cable is too short, for the length you extend the lower rod.

You can also use a shoulder harness, you'd be surprised how lightweight any detectors feels.

I have had numerous shoulder issues from weight training too long with high risk exercises. You probably have a rotator cuff issue. There are many books available that might help you. The one I have that helped me a lot is "7 minute rotator cuff solution". It's available online. I'm no doctor though and I can't be sure so the first thing I would do is consult a registered doctor.

I don't have shoulder pain while detecting but sometimes I get mild tendinitis in my right elbow.

Having put in thirty + years as an Arborist climbing trees and working in disadvantaged positions I too have some shoulder issues.
Seconding Mike, talk to your Dr. and, ask about physiotherapy.
I have had good results from active physiotherapy.
Best of luck,
Drew.

Sven , i will be ordering the harness, my hunts are 4 to 7 hrs and i do love to swing the Impact.