Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weird Find

Timelord2

Found this in a pile of sand, found out later it came from a nearby cemetery. Do not find a cremation box everyday.... It was dug up by the cemetery personal by mistake. The land owner said sometimes they put the cremation box at the head or foot of a casket and since they dig them so close this might happen. The land owner sometimes helps out at the cemetery. The landowner uses the extra sand for his property to keep up his trails. So all is on the up and up. Just glad I found it and it will go back....

I found this one at the beach. Brought it home, took the picture and returned it to the ocean on my next visit.

[attachment 309498 eerie.jpg]

Reminded me about a guy...probably 10yrs ago, lived north of Atlanta I think...he ran a crematorium...but instead of doing his job rightly, he just dragged the departed out the back door and slung them all over the place in the kudzu!..Didnt even bother burying them!

To add insult to injury, he gave a box of mortar mix to folks as the ashes of their 'loved one'.....I remember when his method was discovered, there was over 100 corpses laying back there in the weeds...The Wife remembered this too...said if she was ever cremated, I was to stand there and monitor the situation, and personally do the final clean out..!.
Mud

:blink: What a nightmare! What did the authorities charge him with?

mudpuppy said:
Reminded me about a guy...probably 10yrs ago, lived north of Atlanta I think...he ran a crematorium...but instead of doing his job rightly, he just dragged the departed out the back door and slung them all over the place in the kudzu!..Didnt even bother burying them!

To add insult to injury, he gave a box of mortar mix to folks as the ashes of their 'loved one'.....I remember when his method was discovered, there was over 100 corpses laying back there in the weeds...The Wife remembered this too...said if she was ever cremated, I was to stand there and monitor the situation, and personally do the final clean out..!.
Mud

Thanks doc for the info. What a puke to society. I just don't get it. How does someone live with themselves knowing they have done this? I couldn't even fathom the thought of doing such a thing.

doc holiday said:
Wasn't much done to him--was in with the former mayor and un guy.

earthlypotluck said:
:blink: What a nightmare! What did the authorities charge him with?

mudpuppy said:

Mud

They probably could have got him on "fraud", "desecration of a corpse" and possibly "littering" depending on the jurisdiction.

-pete

They did get him on fraud. They also charged him with a felony ... http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/news/story/2012/feb/12/horror-in-noble/70497/ if this is the one your talking about

One of my recent finds is a copper RR baggage tag from a company that was in business in San Antonio in the 1880s. They advertised their services as livery, feed and sale stables along with mortuary services specializing in shipping bodies
all across the US.
So maybe it was used to ship a body.

It's one of my most prized finds.