Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Weld on T-Rex

John(Tx)

Noticed a stress crack on the handle bracket of my T-Rex where it's welded to basket. Anyone else had this problem? Do I just have it rewelded? Did it hold up? Thanks

Yes...and....NO

but in their defense, my problem was trying to use the dry sand scoop in hard wet sand, it didn't take long for me to destroy the scoop and did it again after the repairs.... can't speak for their bigger scoop.

Cliff

I have one of the Original T-Rex 9.5 wet sand scoops. It did not have the added piece in front of the handle to give it extra strength . It developed some stress crack and I sent it back to "The Gold Digger". He had it repaired, added the piece that added strength and returned it to me.

So Far I have had no more problems with it. Anyone that can weld stainless can repair your scoop. I do recommend having the strengthening piece added to the front of the handle.

That big scoop works extremely well for me as it has paid for itself many times over. .

Thanks for the info. I am using the scoop for an upcoming hunt in a couple of days. Took it to a local welder and he welded it for $20. Will contact gold digger and tell him what I did and maybe send it to him after the hunt. Thanks and good hunting. John