Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well earned first deer

Love stalking my prey.
I hunt with a .58 inline.
Shooting 45/300 grain xtps homemade sabot's.
I prefer a clean near instant kill.
Never had one get over 50 ft.
Handgun hunting I prefer headshots. Instant Off.
I despise bad bow hunters
We've harvested two with arrows stuck in them
Neighbors said the one had been walking around for weeks with the arrowhead sticking out of its chest.
So infected we just buried it.
Thankfully put the big buck out of it's misery.

This was the Last deer I harvested with a slug gun. He ran maybe a 100 yards. 😐
I had fallen asleep in the snow up against a tree.
Less than 35 ft away. He snapped a twig waking me up. Scope was worthless.
Had to sight looking down the side of the barrel.
Sad I took him in his prime.
Thought he was older.
Could have breed a few more like him.
This is the last one I took. Spined him with a .44, and his feet came up quicker than he fell down. Never even twitched after he hit the ground.

1643698414591.jpeg

This is the last one I took. Spined him with a .44, and his feet came up quicker than he fell down. Never even twitched after he hit the ground.

View attachment 22923
Nice one. Love how beautiful they are.
Majestic animals.
I hunt to fill the freezer.
Never did a mount. Though I've never had the good fortune to harvest a beautiful deer like that.
Everyone said I Must mount him.
Darn taxidermist kept him in his freezer for almost a year. Trying to get me to sell him. VERY frustrating. He actually shrunk a bit from that.
240lbs dressed. Filled an 8' bed in my truck with his head hanging over the tailgate. Gotta a pic somewhere.
Biggest deer I've ever seen.
Maybe my last.
Until my grandson is big enough to drag them out.
My injuries prevent me hunting big game anymore.

After losing my hunting partner a little over 4 years ago to a heart attack, I'm not as motivated to hunt anymore. I've pretty much decided that if it isn't big enough to grace my wall, I'm not going to shoot it. I've killed a lifetime's number of them, and the work really starts when the hammer falls, so it's going to have to be worth the effort.