Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well got the sniper coil this morning and it's Like Jim no depth but I believe I know why

Keith Southern

they have wired the transmit and receive wires backwards is what it sound's like....it goes dead in the middle of the target and picks up on the edge of the coil...

I have wired coils backwards before and got the same effect.....target i.D. will stay the same but depth will suffer along with wacky response...

Keith

Makes sense to me. The Sniper on and Ace 250 hits in the middle real deep. I would think the Pro would do as well or better? Have you phoned the mother ship for their thoughts?

there was a metallic sticker on the inside of the coil cover for crying out loud.....I was getting ready to pack it up for a trip back to Texas....and was taking the coil cover off and there was a small sticker in the middle of the coil cover and it will sound off on the detector....

tried it again with the sticker removed and I can get 7 inches on dimes and penny's and 8 inches on quarter's....

while not as deep as other small coil's ... I have a feeling it's made to work around above ground obstacle's like poles and such....

Glad I saw the sticker before packing it up......The dead spot is now gone in the center...

well at least it is working right....My fault on this...

Keith

just quick airtest number's

Thanks

Keith

Don't you think Garrett would have known that could happen with a metallic sticker. Might as well toss a magnet in there too. Maybe that's all Garrett is doing to the returned ATpros. They open the control head up and remove the magnet?!

8 inches on quarter. 7 inches on dime. This is in the air full sens. I swear it goes deeper in the ground. It will detect my truck at over 4 feet!

Mine don't have the sticker on it and has the same symptoms as you described. Guess I will have to send it back.....Thanks for the update.

I don't know. I always thought that the Sniper was designed not so much for it's depth, but more for getting in close to playground equipment and fences. I think getting 6 to 8 inches on that little coil is pretty damn good.

n/t

Why can't they get this right now the coils are in question??? But yes lets see an air test with the larger coil please..

I think ti's time for someone to take a walk into the COIL DEPT . and have a little talk with the folks !!....... and FIRE whoever is handling quality control !!......Jim