Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I have a pattern that eliminates most falsing in iron

Jim upstate NY

and still keeps a lot of the screen open, even in conductive its usable.. will upload it later tonight if any one wants to try it..
only thing you might add is a notch in teh 1-50 range if you have hot rocks.. cause yes it does hit hard on them, at least the ones up here.. but its such a high tone easy to tell... interestingly it doesnt hit on them if I pick up the rock and wave it in front of the coil, but goes off if they are on or in the ground.. its those rocks we have up here that look striped.. not sure exactly whats in them..

Hunted a few more sites yesterday, the first one I did dig 3 iffy ones in cond 46 bouncing around in fe, that were nails, one was bent and came in pretty good.. but overall I thought they were nails..

only found a few things and all were low conductive targets I left behind.. did get one 1860 indian, that was coming in good, but reading 26 FE.. sounded like it was mixed in iron, but after digging it I got no null.. I think it was in the rusty halo of a rusted away nail or something.. Anyway I am not finding gazzillions of targets the explorer left at my cellar holes, and nothing at all good in my parks so far.. but maybe I just hunted them harder than most do.. And that not to say the etrac may have found them all too, as well as possibly with a faster sweep.. hard to tell once the targets aren't there anymore :)

I will probably end up keeping the etrac as my back up machine and maybe main in iron, have to see what I am missing with the pattern I am running first, and selling off my backup explorer II and keep the pro as main for modern trash.. maybe if I get to where I can trust the ID more the etrac might be first choice..

Oh yeah on the targets I did get yest in the iron, very few came in FE12 except the shallow bullets and shells, and an old brass ring I found in a roadway with no iron read 12-46.. I was getting 05-09 on 22 bullets, 18-18 on a small buckle, a button that was 14-36 etc etc, so I do think as open a screen as possible will be important in high iron