Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I hit the demolition field..and Here I go again..long

Well I went to the site of Camp X yesterday.... Only one small good find...part of the zinc center tube of an M 36 Grenade..only half an inch long and a quarter inch wide..but it was 6 inches down!!!
Most of the area is under several inches of pushed down weeds ( they stand about 4-6 feet high in the summer) The craters are filled with water..so until the grass is bush-hoged off I can't get anymore hunting done.
But what I found is not as important as what I did not dig!!! 1000s of signals, and as teenagers use this as a party place the area is full of bottle caps..only got tricked 4 times, and two of those I kinda knew but dug them anyway..my old Nauty would have had me digging like mad..but this beanpole let me know that I didn't need to.
The grenade part threw me..I pin-pointed it and dug..then lost the signal.I spent several minutes looking for it then thought I had a "ghost" signal..made me crazy!!! Then I looked at my entrenching tool ( a 1944 US army shovel I use) there was mud on it..and in that mud was my "find"
Also found a 1973 Canadian penny..4 inches of grass over it and it was about 3 inches down
I have said it before and I will say it again...with the T2..if you don't find good targets..then you are hunting in the wrong place.

I played around with the tones also..for hunting this place ( and I think for many others) I went to 3b. I prefer to hunt with sound, then the readouts..something I picked up from my Nauty....one thing I would have liked to see on this unit...I use a Timberwolf headset ( which is really good as I can adjust the volumne) I would like to have more volume...I can't adjust the machine and headset to be as loud as I would like..again something I picked up for the Nauty.

The great thing about this unit is we can all use it and find our own ways of hunting and still make the good finds..the way some guys have explained they use it was a bit confusing to me...but I think it's because they used differant machines in the past and learned from them. The fact that we can use differant methods to ID hits..shows how anyone can learn and use the beanpole easly at the begginging ( sorry about the spelling..it's 6am as I type this and I worked al night and it's time for bed..man the film industry with it's long days and nights can kill you....28 hours in 2 days)Well of to bed.

Dean

I'm not sure what the impedance of your Timberwolf headphones are, but am guessing a pair with a lower impedance would get you all the volume you want. Does the T2 manual specifiy a preferred headphone impedance?

Paul

Nice report!

If you happen to own one of the Fisher, White's, Bounty Hunter or Tek machines that these designers worked on, I think you'll note similarities to many of them. The Fisher Gold Bug is one I own that the T2 can be set to emulate.

-Ed