Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well I joined the AT Pro family now....

My new AT Pro is on the way! I purchased it from Bart @ Big Boys and also got the ProPointer and the new 4.5" coil. I put the GTI 1500 up on the classifieds at a good price to recoup a bit of the cash. Kinda sorry I didn't get to try the GTI out, but I can't keep both machines. I want to do mostly water hunting this year so the GTI won't work with that plan. So am I excited? YES!:jump:

Hello coinhunter. I just got back from Lincoln park. did about a two hour and forty minute hunt with the atpro. I hit the totlot and up around the pool parking lot a little bit. I have the 6.5x9 coil on mine. I hopped back and forth from pro to standard modes trying to get a read on this machine.It does go deep. small nail at 10 inches. I can't give a whole lot of info on this machine. I started with the ace250 in June of last year so the atpro is gonna take me awhile to get the hang of. I can say that in standard mode a zinc penny will more often then not come in under a medium tone TID between 74-78 and a copper penny will give the high bell tone from 80-82.. I have about 8 hours on the atpro and have found ,one token,one diamond stud earring,A gold four leaf clover with a blue stone, 3 wheats 28,34,51,(81clad coins(bout 4.00).I was up in Galion at one of the parks weekend before last and hit a couple deep targets but the ground was to frozen in that area. ( I'll be back). I found several other pieces of junk jewelry. Coinhunter you have been hunting awhile and I am sure you have used a few different detectors so you will probably learn the atpro pretty quick. I can sure use a few pointers once you do. I want to talk to you about a hunt once the weather gets squared away (old park closed in late seventies or early eighties. was established in the twenty's) If your interested I'll get with you closer to the end of spring. Oh congrats on the atpro. I barely know mine but I already love it!

Thanks again for the order! You will have fun with it! Need anything else or have question feel free to call!
Thanks!
Bart

I haven't used mine in the water yet, but if it does as good as it does in the woods, WOW I'll be very happy. Get to know it and you'll love it.

Hey Blade,

Lincoln Park in Cleveland? I hunted there awhile back with an Explorer. I remember digging clad State Quarters at 8-10" in that loamy soil. Thats an old park for sure and I'd bet there is deep deep silver coins in that soil. I plan on doing water hunting along some of Lake Erie's beaches plus a few inland swimming spots. Parks and schools too plus other sites. I'd like to get together with you and hunt.

Thanks to everyone else for their great comments, tips, etc. I'll be sure to post pix. The weather looks like it will warm up this next week and I'll be on break from school so I'm sure I'll get out a bit and start to learn this machine.

I saved a bit of $$$ up (quit smoking) to add to future $$$ from the selling the GTI and was looking to get another detector. At first I was gonna get a used E-Trac, then a deal came up for a SE Pro, then maybe the GTI 2500 for the all metal mode and then thinking about not spending to much $$$ and was back to keeping the 1500 get the 8.5 X 11" DD coil for it, but settled on the AT Pro. (Whew! Talk about being indecisive!) Everything worked out as I got the small coil and the pinpointer too. Yeah I've used a lot of different machines over the years, and yeah there is no "perfect" one but I'm betting this will be a nice blend for what the AT Pro seems to be capable of.

Happy Hunts

O. C. H. ,
Congrats on your purchase of the AT Pro .....There are a lot of good choices that you were confronted with ....... Congrats on quitting smoking ......You have some nice detectors , but quitting smoking was by far the BEST move you made throughout all of your endevors !!......:clap: ......Good for you !!!.....Jim

Coinhunter, I am glad to hear that you quit and the better 1/2 let you get one! I have not had a smoke in 10 days!
Keep swinging!