Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

well I took the leap of faith...

sillllvar

and have become yet another DFX owner to get an Explorer SE. Thanks to all that gave their advise in an earlier posting esp the fella's that have used the DFX in the past. I have to say that I was stubborn about getting an XS up to now as I was quite successful with my DFX. I have been watching my friends using their XS machines for several years and on average they find more targets than I do...and more silver too. I am no newbie at detecting 15+ years at detecting, so I kinda know what I am doing out there.At the end of a detecting day I would be worn out because I tended to cover a lot more ground than my buddies. I MUST have walked right over things that the DFX missed!

Thanks for the advise and the inspiration to all you who made all those cool finds that I have seen in recent months :detecting:

HH
Alan

n/t

I've got a ways to go as far as learning the SE, but there is a few things I've notice in comparing the SE to the DFX.

As far as out right depth on copper and silver the SE seems to be the best, but my testing shows it lacks the ability to detect gold as well as the DFX. I tested a 14k gold earing and chain, with clasp, that I had found with my DFX and even in all-metal the SE would not register them at all. As already has been stated, I believe the SE should be thought as a compliment to the DFX not a replacement. This may change with time but at this point this is my honest opinion.

I ran into my first problem with EMI on the SE yesterday. It's no surprise that is was at the same location where my DFX had the same problem.

I have roughly 24 hours of solid hunting with the SE so far which I know isn't much, but I do see a pattern developing and it tends to follow my testing. The SE forces you to slow down and check ever target closely which I believe helps in making deep finds with the SE. While I've found some deep coppers and silver with the SE I've found nothing the DFX would not have found. Having friends with Minelabs will probably shorten your learning curve a lot.