Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

WELL I wonder if I will live long enough to have my operation done that I need?

deathwind1

I went to talk to a surgeon Yesterday at Kaiser and I got the same answer I got 6 Months ago! I think some of you knew that I need Both Knees replaced---I was sure hoping he would say yes but he did not---They are bad enough that I am no longer using a cane, Now I need 2 to keep from falling down which I did do about 2 weeks ago and I had to call my Son and Grandson to get me in a upright position again---That was a first for me,I am no longer going to try coming in the apartment through the back door as I cannot lift my leg high enough to enter---I think It will be another 6 months before I will see him again, Then another 3 months to get in the operating room,If he says yes .for the operation! I can NO longer detect and if I tried to Deer hunt it would be only from my truck---I would be so slow getting out that any Buck would pass through his lifetime before I could get on the ground! I can still drive my Toyoto but it hurts like H#%% when I stand on 1 leg to enter---I am up to the maxi um Morphine (360mg.)a day and a few Vicodine thrown in also---I am going to get my 73 Bronco going along with my Sons help, Yesterday he pressure washed it to get the moss off that had started to grow because of the trees around it---I have another Bronco (1987) That I could drive but the 73 is much easier to get into SO If And When I do have the operation that will be the first one I will be able to get in to! I bought a boat 2 years ago but have only used it once because I can No longer get my leg up high enough to get into it---Anyhow since Vern is just a bit older than me I know he is having More problem than I, But he is not letting any one on here know about them---As long as Kaiser keeps saying no I probable will go from a cane to a Hover Round and that will be my new legs !

and I cannot lift my leg high enough to get on a porch or through a door with steps! Once I'm down I can't get up because my knees feel like they have glass in them and Oh, the pain! May our good Lord be merciful to you and heal you before or affter the surgery...for God is good! Amen! :angel: Ma Betty

n/t

Gee Charlie I can tell you are Not a FORD man, If you were, You would have known what I was a speaking about---To the ones who brought up about a second Opinion That Doc was the Second one who said Wait,So all I can do is try out the Special Preasure Socks that he is ordering me to wear---I tried the standard ones but I could wear holes in them in less than a day but that was when I was working my old Janitor job at the La Center High School And I was doing a lot of Walking (6-7) miles a day--- I am Lucky if I can walk 100 yards in a day now! Thanks every one for the concern about my health, If I live long enough I will get those knees put in and then I can die Happy--- With My Detector and Gold Shovel buried at my side With Vern A Throwing Dirt On My Casket ---D.W. (alais R.R.R.) or in my other life I was 1/2 of Alais Smith and Jones---Too bad the spell checker will not work this morning !