Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, it finally happened. I

JohnA

went over an area with my Infinium that I had just hit with my Excal and found a women's Platinum wedding band and a lots more clad. There was a fair amount of black sand and a lot of wave action, but I doubt all those targets showed up in 30". Have redetected areas before, but only found a few more clad coins. Of course, I dug bobby pins and nails even if I could pretty much tell that they were trash because they are usually shallow , we are sanded in and target density is weak, so everything comes out.I like the Infinium but the end of swing signals in the water, although bearable with balancing the machine, gets a little tiresome after a couple of hours. Now I hope someone will give an honest review of the new White's PI Dual Field unit. May have to accept the battery compartment design, but if the unit is not a noticeable upgrade over the Infinium I will stick with the Infinium as my PI machine. I am gradually heading over to the PI detectors for wet sand/ water hunting if there is a bearable iron trash population.

Hey John,

I have come to consider the end of swing signals to be part of the "language" the Infinium is speaking (sort of like it's humming to itself while locating finds for me!!!) . I've muted my earphones just enough to make the signals more bearable and that has been a big help. It's those "other signals" that quickly grab my attention!! I don't seem to be missing a lot. (I go over the same ground frequently.)

The only real challenge I've been facing lately has been using the standard double D coil in the water. I even have a problem pinpointing on the dry with it!!!

Every outing is a new experience and one day, perhaps, I too can call myself an "Infinium EXPERT"!!!

GL&HH Friend,

Cupajo

I have just one question and it is, when using the Excalibur, were you hunting in the Disc. or the AM mode?

HH, bottlebum

I got 5 1/2 hours on the new Whites Dual field, I'm over here in Southern California, ( Black sand capital of the world) I have been trying to work the mine area (that's were 75% of the jewelry is ) but the surf is to darn ruff ( I it will knock you unconscious) so 5 Hours of use has been on working the Surf line with the new PI.

The new PI will notch out bobby pins, ( I don't do it) shallow Rusted nails give a broken tone, large targets (cans) (long wires) are pretty obvious don't dig signals.... small targets give a DIG ME tone.... I have found several deep nickels in Black sand so eventually you will find Deep Jewelry ......it's light to swing, I wear out walking before swinging the PI...... I Love the pinpointing , so it's more time finding more targets ... with only 5 hours of use I like it . will do 3 more hours tomorrow

Disc mode. For a completely fair test I would have had to redetect in AM before the Infinium run, but I had way less than an hour of detecting before a rain/tstorm squall line moved in so I went straight to the Infinium and left in a downpour. Went to the same beach and the sand has moved again covering up the targets big time. One penny and trash after a very short hunt. Used the Infinium again. When the water calms down, big time rip currents now, I will try a Disc and AM mode on the Excal and Infinium hunt. HH to you too.

Sounds good john. I'm just curious as to what the outcome would be. You never know, you might not even be able to run the Excalibur in salt water in the AM mode. It might be too unstable.

Good luck and hope you get some gold for your troubles, bottlebum

after an Infinium run and much to my pleasant surprise I found more clad and iron targets. In fairness to the Infinium, my NIMH batteries were going South on one part of the beach but I found some targets in an area it was working properly. Nothing in the water. Just clad and a junk earring for the day.It just gets curiouser and curiouser.

:yo: