Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well shipped my Relic back to Bulgaria to get fixed up

amcjavelin

well sent my RELIC back over seas to get it fixed up a bit my disc circuit had quit working on my last hunt back in November and hadn't a chance to send it til now so I can't to get it back and maybe some updates on it too, this machine and the gold have been my best machines to date on my best finds the relic loves indian head coins and flying eagles, 8khz and one tone but I use it for pasture land hunts and deep silver and the key is to use calrad or treasure wise cheap head phones for all the nuances the more expensive headphones you don't hear it believe it or not

let us know how long it takes,

they just received it today, Rosi said it would be maybe a week very buisy with there P/I units this week which I had told her not in any hurry, this year the way the frost in going in the ground my ground won't thaw out til july LOL!

The Relic seems underrated. I have used the Vista Relic and was impressed. In mid to low mineralization the Relic is as deep as the other Vista models. In my ground using the the round 11 DD coil and cheaper headphones I can pick out coins from foil. The Relic runs at 8 kHz and so does have a slower recovery speed than the higher frequency Smart or Gold (in fast mode). I like deep coins, but hate digging micro foil and deep shotgun pellets. The Relics frequency is the same as the Bliss, but the Relic has faster recovery. The Bliss is deeper in higher mineralization ground. The Relic is still good at pulling stuff out of iron..use a smaller coil, slow down, and lower disc. The Relic has also the benefits of Cache hunting. It is extremely deep in all metal and doesn't overload on big targets. WIth the 11DD coil it runs very smooth. In low trash the Sensitivity can be turned up with very little chatter. I tried running the Sensitivity on 1 (with low disc) and still dug more non-ferrous relics than higher price metal detectors.

amcjavelin said:
in my experience in the coin world it loves IH pennies and brass

So true. The Relic also loves lead (bullets). IH pennies in general have a wide ID range depending on year, coin condition, and depth. For example, IH penny on a analog Whites machine have at least 20 numeric points of ID.