Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well, shucks. Since people are proclaiming all over the place what a Political forum this is, may as well spill my guts....

SANDRAT

Just got visited but a group of my favorite individuals (sarcasm is my strength) Some "Parasites of Freedom", if you will....

They don't vote.
They don't support our government.
They don't support our military.
They don't believe in blood transfusions or organ donations.
They knock our our doors and try to spread thier beliefs.
He had a bible in his hand and wanted me to know scripture...I told him the number referance of my favorite verse...he had to look it up.
I asked him WHY we went to Vietnam...He did not know the answer.
I aked him about what God wanted us to do...he did not know the answer...
He asked me if I knew what God wanted us to do...I said God is just a big kid with a magnifying glass, and He is waiting for the son to shine..After all, what ever God does, it's His world...
I told him I had already told my sister to go to hell, because she was like he is
He said that didn't sound like love to him.
I said if God doesn't have a problem sending people to hell, why should I? Besides, my sister had already condemmed me to hell, because I would not join her, so where's the love?
These people love to live in the US of A because they love the Freedom. But they do not support the payment of the price of that freedom.
I told him about the young mother in Vietnam who was eight months pregnant, tied to a tree with wire and had her belly slashed open because her husband would not join the VC and NVA who came to recruit him. Her unborn baby was spilled out on the ground and she was left to die there.
Her husband still did not join them. They beat him to death with a piece of pipe.
This is why we went to Vietnam. To help these people fight off the type of people that don't care about anything but their own agenda.

Do you have any "Parasites of Freedom" in your neighborhood? Like ticks on a dogs back. They like being there, but don't help out the dog much.

Jusy my 2 cents. And you won't find that money with a detector.:usaflag::usan:

My wife has relatives who are members of the group you refer to, and I set them straight on our first meeting. I dont argue the Bible with anyone. They are good people and we talk of many other things and play music. If they bother you, just tell them you dont want to talk to them and shut the door.

interesting group. no, more like funny. Charles taze russel founded it and predicted the second coming many times. Finally they decided Christ did come but he's invisible!
I highly recommend reading "30yrs a WT slave" They use to serve in the arm forces till their 2nd president got in trouble for draft dodging. Russell's wife divorced him for for having a affair with not just his secretary but also their maid. He created his church and sanked all his monies into it to avoid having to give her any alimony and part of his fortune that he inherited from his folks. Who just happened to be strict Methodist who pounded the fear of hell in him throughout his childhood. Which now they don't believe exists. Oaths! Russel claimed to read and write Hebrew and Greek during his divorce hearings. He swore to tell the truth and the whole truth! It was proved he didn't know one letter of either of the languages. Their translation of the new testament reads that the Word was 'a god.' Not God as it is originally written by John.
A strange strange religion. But at least their not blowing themselves up along with a bunch of innocent folks!

What we need to do, people as a whole that is, is to PRACTICE what the religeous teachings say, instead of PREACHING it. It is clear too many people want to ram their ideals down someone elses throat, that isn't practice, thats preach. Even differant sects of Christianity don't get along, Catholics and Protestants for example, and they work from the same book of guidelines.

All basic religons in the world teach peace to our fellow man and to love and help each other.

Why there is so much hate, war and killing is that everyone wants to convert the other guy over to HIS way and the other guy doesn't want to, and therein lies the problem.

Zealotry.

It's not the religon that's the problem, it's the way people are using it. If you believe, OK. Shut up and let the other guy believe the way he wants, according to his guide. But we need to grab ALL the zealots by the short hairs and lock them in the same room and not let them back out, and that ain't gonna happen.

So, the problem is going to persist....sorry to say.:starwars:

The jerks in the White House, the Joint Chiefs, the Congress, and the Senators are/were just as bad as the VC. They just dressed nicer and killed in another way. Not many of their kids were in the muck trying to stay alive. The modern day terrorists are not all in Afghanistan...They live and work on Wall Street and most have the title CEO. 911 was a bite by a flea compared to what Wall Street and the greedy CEO (that is double redundant) has done to this country. You out of work and hungry? Don't look at the Taliban. You've looked to far. Identify them; Do a trial; nationalize or confiscate all their resources, and then deport them. I feel better. Sadly, nothing will change...Jim