Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well things have gone from bad to worse

Beachcomber

Finally put the GB SE all together turned it on and found out it doesn't work right. The Dealer had assured me that this machine had been recalibrated at the factory and was now working perfectly and had been tested. I doubt it or they would have known it wasn't working!!!!! Well I guess they put back together wrong at the factory because it is stuck in the Discrimination mode. When you turn the Disc/ All Metal Control to All Metal and Threshold the Display still says "Disc" and there is no threshold but the detector does detect targets. The control has a gritty type feel to it rather than a smooth flow as you turn it. Every once in awhile you can get into the All Metal Mode by turning the control back and forth through the gritty section but it won't stay there. So it has to go back to the Dealer anyway. I just can't win with this machine :(

HH

Beachcomber

n/t

Hi Jim,

Good to hear from you! Haven't seen to many of your Posts in awhile but then I may have been on the wrong Forums ;) Murphy's Law has been working overtime on me with this detector :) Hopefully it will get all straightened out quickly and I will get a good working detector!

HH

Beachcomber

Mine dose that too, but only about to 10 or 11 oclock. Is it suspose to do that or what? Dose any of the other ones do that? Mine also got a stuck point at about 9am. its like a second off click on the threshold side. I wonder if it affects its performance? Or detecting ability...

Does your All Metal Mode work? Mine stayed stuck in Discriminate Mode even though it should have been in All Metal. Once in a while you could play around with it and it would pop into All Metal for a second or two and then go right back to Discriminate Mode.

..it should click into all metal and then right after the click it should be a smooth movement through the range of the pot. It should increase the threshold level relatively smoothly without any sticking.

It stays in Dic mode unless I turn it up to about 12 or 11 oclock.. But from say the on position, to the 10, or 10:30 its in dic mode. I can even use the dic mode in all metal.. I don't know if it is suppose to do that or not. Its kinda fishey.. lol R you sending it back in?

Yup I sent mine back. From what I read in the manual and what some others have said when you click it out of Disc Mode it is supposed to go into All Metal Mode. Mine never went into All metal even with the control fully clockwise and there was no Threshold. Plus the control had a gritty feeling at around the 10-11 o'clock position. It wasn't smooth like the Gain Control was. Hope this helps.

HH

Beachcomber

Bernie I was loooking forward to a possible tryout next week
Guess it'll have to wait.
Sorry to hear Ur having trouble