Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Well......Ummmmm...Interesting first find with the Scorp :unsure:

Mad-Medic

Well I fired up the new Scorp today and took it out for its first hunt. Well found lots of clad and the norm. However when I was on the way back to the van I was thinking about hunting around the old tree in my back yard. It is about 120 years old Pecan tree. Anyway, When I was sweeping I kept getting this very faint signal so I decided to switch to all metal mode and after a very quick GB the signal became a lot stronger. So I decided to dig it up. Well it was down about 9 inches. It was a 1968 P penny. No big deal right, Well that's what I thought till I got inside and washed the dirt off it. Turns out the back side of the penny is blank :yikes: Now I have heard that people used to do this to coins for part of a magic trick and such. However it is pretty much the same thickness of a regular penny. Strange huh.... Oh well time to add it to my collection I guess. Would be pretty cool if it was a mint error. I will try to get a pic of it up soon.

Ron

OOPS, well after looking at it closer it is a 1960 darned old eyes.....lol I weighed it compared to a 1973 it weighs .2 grams less or 4 grains than the 1973. Also the face where it says Liberty the L is curved up as is the lettering on the top above Lincolns head. The lettering and good old Abe's head are all very pronounced. Anyway, thanks

Ron