Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Welp, Minelab is raising the price again....

The Minelab Excalibur will be increasing in price

Minelab Americas is announcing a price increase to the Excalibur 800 and 1000. The price increase will be effective February 21st 2011.

Current Market $1,199.00 MSRP $1,395.00
NEW PRICE $1,299.00 New MSRP $1,475.00

If you are thinking of a new or replacement You should get it before they go up..............WE have and will continue to work with lay-aways.

Glad I got my Excal II 1000 for $1000 shipped 8 months ago. At the new price after February, I won't be buying another one in the future. Mine was made in Ireland and has never given me any problems, knock on wood, so hopefully will have many years of trouble free hunting. HH

With the state of economy.........too bad minelab feels the need to make more$$. Kinda sad

mudpuppy said:

Well, The sad truth is the dollar is losing more value everyday. This might make it seem like things are going up in price, when in reality
it takes plenty more of the same currency to purchase the same items! Remember the former Soviet Union? $5,000. Rubles for a loaf of bread????:stars:

I saw a show on TV recently and the former head of Shell was saying that gas would hit $5.00 per gallon within 1-2 yrs from now.

That's why gold is going up, up, and up.... and China owns this country and we have to borrow more money from them to pay off our national debt, and they're going to jack the rates
up in lending because we're a bad credit risk and put us in hyper inflation to boot:ban: SAD, SAD, SAD :blink:

Go find the gold and put it away (at least it will be worth something when the dollars not)!

The Excalibur II costs $1,725 (RRP July, 2010) in Australia, and our dollar is almost on parity with the US dollar. And Minelab started off as an Australian company. Just saying, dont feel too ripped off if you have start paying near the price that we've been paying out here for years.

Codan, a large business company now owns Minelab. So, true to form & modern business practices, they outsource Minelab to Malaysia for cheaper manufacturing & customer support.....and then raise prices....

keep showing them how much gold u find and how much u got for selling ur gold and they will go up again...just what i'm thinking

tomcatpl said:
keep showing them how much gold u find and how much u got for selling ur gold and they will go up again...just what i'm thinking

yep...any sharp business would raise the price at that..........not saying I like it....not saying I would do it!.....but maybe thats how u get the millionaire status

n/t

n/t

yep......I was going to buy one in a month or so...but if the price hike go's into effect...I will need to go elsewhere i guess. not too happy with them at the moment

otlew said:
Here is a link to a writeup on Codan and Minelab, I just posted today, its about halfway down the page. I think I know why they are raising prices, see what you think. Minelab is there Cash Cow!

Codan Annual Report to Share Holders
[size=medium]"Exceptional performance from Minelab metal detector business; revenue up 156% to $106.6 million"[/size]:surprised::yikes:

Revenues are ONLY up 156%....so lets raise the prices. My next unit is looking like a $600.00 AT Pro....

Pretend you are the CEO of Codan and you see it is in the cards that you will be down in 2011 by 29 Million lower than in 2010, let's say because you took a big hit in the sales of some product, or budget overruns. What would you do? Would you turn to your most popular and profitable entity to jack up prices in the hope that you can make up the shortfall? I wonder.

One thing I wouldn't do is raise the price of one of my products that utilizes 20 year old technology by some 28%. If this (or any) CEO thinks that this type of move will make up a predicted shorfall, well then I wish him the best of luck. It won't work, especially with competitive sources manufacturing brand new units at half the price. I'm thinking that they have some new units that they are getting ready to introduce very soon.