Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went Back To The Lake Found 2 Rings, But

skippers

They were junk rings. It looked like someone read my post about the diamond ring last week. There were holes on the beach and holes in the water
that weren't filled in. Those holes weren't there last week. I tried Pro Mode Zero with Iron set at 25. Sensitivity set in the middle and ground balance at 63, I think.
I found that, in the area beyond the sand fill, there was a lot of iron, and I didn't enjoy all the noise. I dug about 47 cents in clad, including 2 nickels, many
pull tabs and the 2 junk rings. But, that's 3 rings in two trips which is better than I've ever done before. Skip

I respect my fellow hunters. But I'll stop just short of divulging any place I hunt. Heck one time I told my nephew I finally got permission to hunt an old sulfur spring resort that was ran in the late 1800's. I told him we would go hunting there soon. Next thing I know he's hunted there without telling me. He knew better being 30 years old! I give him no tips on running machines or where to hunt.

I wondered about that when I said it was a lake off the Tennessee River. I won't go back until people start replenishing the gold when
the weather warms up. It's much easier to use a sand scoop in sand than clay and mud out beyond the sand when the water is down. Skip

I'm even hesitant to post pictures of good finds thinking someone will lay claim to them. Not that I had too many last year! I'll have more time for hunting this year though.

Its a shame that some people will do that ..

work a spot someone else has found AND
Not fill in holes ... its good tho that
most folks do the right thing

THINK SPRING

Ron

Rangers Lead The Way :usaflag::usaa:

There were holes on the beach and holes in the water that weren't filled in.

Thats why I dont post where I hunt either. Even worse, someone may come along and tear the place up and leave holes all over and then they would close the place down so no one could hunt there.

Bill_S said:
There were holes on the beach and holes in the water that weren't filled in.

Thats why I dont post where I hunt either. Even worse, someone may come along and tear the place up and leave holes all over and then they would close the place down so no one could hunt there.
That was one of my first thoughts when I saw the holes: What if someone complains and they close the area to detectorists. I guess the good thing is that it's winter and people aren't going to be in the water where the worst holes were. It looks like they are going to spread more sand on the shallower part of the swimming area.