Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

went back to the old fairgrounds and got my 8th barber dime from there this summer

gear box

It's a 1897 and I also got two Indianheads, an 1895 and a 1905. The soil at this place is real sandy and when it's this dry it turns into cement but when its wet it's very soft. Right now it's like cement and I have to be very careful not to ding the coins. I also came across a huge 180 on the meter that had a very odd shape to it, it seemed to have gaps between different signals but the whole thing covered an area the size of a basketball. Well it turned out to be 5 unfired 12gauge shotgun shells an inch or so deep.
Good luck Gary

Wow Gary, that's a lot of nice coins you have found there. I bet there is some gold there waiting for you. Good luck and keep us informed. HH-Mark

I been detecting for a little over a year and I found 8 merc dime with the earliest being 1917...For som reason I can't crack the Barber series....

Kensington if it helps you much, I first detected this spot way back in the 70's with a good detector for that time period but most of those couldn't break much more than 4 or 5 inches. When I went to the Sov two or three years ago I again visited this spot with very little success, I just didn't know the machine . Now that I've learned the Sov. pretty well the good stuff seems to come a little easier. Also persitence helps and location is a very big deal. I know this fairgrounds was active back in the 1870's so I know the potential is there. I just keep going back. You have found some nice silver in the mercs and only missed the Barber by a year so you are well on your way. You'll get there.
Good luck Gary