Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went diggin...hooked again...

Digdoug

My father-in-law bought several acres on an old road here in town and is getting ready to build a new home. A few weeks ago he asked me to bring my detector out to help him locate the survey pins. Of course, he said I was welcome to look over the property anytime before he broke ground on the new house. Finally took an hour this afternoon to go diggin and found the following two items.

When I get time I'll research M.S. Wilson.

[attachment 218020 IMG_5730eir.jpg]

[attachment 218023 IMG_5734eir.jpg]

This one I'm really excited about but I can't tell what it is because of all the corrosion. Any ideas?

[attachment 218024 IMG_5731eir.jpg]

[attachment 218025 IMG_5737eir.jpg]

Needless to say...I am hooked! Again...

Thanks for looking!

n/t

Congrats on being able to get out and go :detecting: and nice token, but I have no clue about the other one! We get hooked fast don't we? :biggrin: :angel: Ma Betty

Neat finds right off the bat ! Glad you are getting out again.

Thanks for the card in the mail, Steve & Nancy in so az

Nice token and the coin looks like a "V" nickel :clapping::thumbup:

Thanks Mike, I believe you are right. I zoomed in on the pic and the date is 1903. My first "dug" V nickel and oldest nickel to date. Now I need to figure out how to remove the corrosion. In it's present condition it is worth about 3 cents.

n/t

i can see stars around the coin in the one pic? nice find.

You are not going to hurt it any. When they are in that shape, and if you just want to see it better let me know.