Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went hunting and recovered nothing!

Southwind

I'm hoping to get my Racer today so I went to the city park, a major challenge for any detector, and marked some possible targets but didn't recover them. I plan to video testing them before I recover them. It was very tough to get possible good targets but leave them in the ground. My buddy John recovered 2 silver, one merc and one rosie, and a wheat. This park gives up ONLY to the very best machines. Right now only our E-Trac's can dish out the goods and even those now are all iffy's. All the easy stuff is gone. It has 130 years of iron I'm hoping the Racer can get through better than the nulling of the E-Trac.

Terry-----What we are waiting to see is---your results/report on that non-producing carnival grounds (with the Racer).-----That should be VERY interesting and a very good indication of what the Racer can (or can't) do.

Strap that small coil and get ready for an eye opener. I think you are fixing to experience some WOW moments. 3 tone and go.

If the Racer can pull one single coin from that carnival grounds I'll be sold. It's been many many years and many many detectors since a single coin was pulled from that rather small area.

If you pull the good stuff ...Macro better speed up the manufacturing ...:thumbup:

Southwind said:
I'm hoping to get my Racer today so I went to the city park, a major challenge for any detector, and marked some possible targets but didn't recover them. I plan to video testing them before I recover them. It was very tough to get possible good targets but leave them in the ground. My buddy John recovered 2 silver, one merc and one rosie, and a wheat. This park gives up ONLY to the very best machines. Right now only our E-Trac's can dish out the goods and even those now are all iffy's. All the easy stuff is gone. It has 130 years of iron I'm hoping the Racer can get through better than the nulling of the E-Trac.

I can say without a doubt I've pulled high conductor targets some small, some dime sized out from steps of old houses where many detectors have been. Something else, don't discount using the stock coil in your site. You may be surprised at what it sniffs out as well. Also don't let one site be your decider either. After you hit about 5 pounded sites that have had good finds in the past, then I think you will see a pattern start developing. "Your quote the easy stuff is gone". What about 100 year old plus coins lying at only 4-6 inches. Those sound easy don't they. Guess what I'm finding them being sniffed out with coRe unit with small coil, and they bang hard on the detector. I've had gents just stand with the look of "shock and disbelief", trying to figure out what's going on. And this price factor, again they are a bit perplexed. So cheap, yet can pull the goods. I tried to tell folks about these on the Friendly forum. And some thought it was all bs hype. Mr Flynn and myself were basically saying the same things as far as performance. Now maybe folks will take both Jack and I more serious in the future, once folks get their units out in the field and witness their performance. I'm looking forward to your results.

Following with great interest! Southwind, after you get some hours on the racer I would be interested in your opinion on the racer v xp deus. Thanks

Just got my 6" Racer coil. I'm half way there LOL.

Racer-Coil-6.jpg

the same size as the Nokta FORS CoRe smaller coil and they list the dimensions as 4.[size=small]7[/size]X5.[size=small]2[/size] and it's maybe more generally close to a 5" DD coil, but I call it an 'OOR' coil as it is just slightly Out-Of-Round. Still, you will be surprised at the depth and field results of this little giant of a performer, and the stock 7X11 DD works well, too.

Monte

Thanks Monte.

Now, if the guy in the brown truck would just show up.

Yup squirrel1 I've got some prime sites waiting. Some will probably do best with the small coil, due to very heavy trash and iron, others I'm hoping the depth of the stock coil will prove to be the answer.

A watched brown truck never stops. I think that is the old saying! Leave town and it will be on your doorstep within the hour. How do they know???

You are going to be shocked at what the small coil is going to find. Small debri masking will become very very evident shortly. 3 tone makes it so much easier to pick out the good targets.

Hay Del...You have a Racer coming right? I would head down to the old Baker City Park in town and see what it could pull up. I pulled a 1913 Barber Dime out of there some time ago so I know there is some old stuff in the ground.