Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went looking for gold but came home with bronze.

Ronstar

Decided last minute to head out about 5:30 and hunt for a couple hours until dark. That elusive gold is somewhere in the intramural field, I can feel it! Decided to work a grid pattern and dig everything foil to quarter. Made a whole whooping 65 cents in clad, 5 copper pennies and a butt load of zincolns.

Decided to start back to the truck and was just swinging nonchalant when I hit a solid 74-76 VDI or dime/quarter reading. Intriguing to say the least, it just held steady and strong period. Hmmmm. Dig.
Pinpoint indicating 10-12” deep, cant be, too strong a sound.

Cut plug with shovel to 8” and trowel down to 10” (trowel is 10” tall and top of handle was level with surface). Handheld pinpointer hitting solid tone so knew I was on it. Careful, I could feel it with trowel so went to the side and dug beyond it. Got my hand in just far enough to pull loose dirt out, check with pinpointer and nothing. Check pile and bam there it was, a penny??? Just enough light to see “1 cent” on coin, what?? It was dirty and caked on clay so get to truck and head home.

Cleaned up really easy and more details came out quickly. Foreign language, Nederlanden! Then the date; 1916!!! Looked it up, made out of bronze!

Pays off to never turn it off until your done done!!!!

Attachments

• 78F90CF2-C2C4-4071-AF18-A4D956AA5BB3.jpeg
    78F90CF2-C2C4-4071-AF18-A4D956AA5BB3.jpeg
    882.3 KB · Views: 164
  • 62EE3DF2-59BE-4807-BAF0-459D9F27E439.jpeg
    62EE3DF2-59BE-4807-BAF0-459D9F27E439.jpeg
    878.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 06A9AB40-0797-40B1-90B6-09F0C46F67FE.png
    06A9AB40-0797-40B1-90B6-09F0C46F67FE.png
    544.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 1759A46E-3E73-41BF-9BE0-1AA87445FA39.png
    1759A46E-3E73-41BF-9BE0-1AA87445FA39.png
    1 MB · Views: 116
Decided last minute to head out about 5:30 and hunt for a couple hours until dark. That elusive gold is somewhere in the intramural field, I can feel it! Decided to work a grid pattern and dig everything foil to quarter. Made a whole whooping 65 cents in clad, 5 copper pennies and a butt load of zincolns.

Decided to start back to the truck and was just swinging nonchalant when I hit a solid 74-76 VDI or dime/quarter reading. Intriguing to say the least, it just held steady and strong period. Hmmmm. Dig.
Pinpoint indicating 10-12” deep, cant be, too strong a sound.

Cut plug with shovel to 8” and trowel down to 10” (trowel is 10” tall and top of handle was level with surface). Handheld pinpointer hitting solid tone so knew I was on it. Careful, I could feel it with trowel so went to the side and dug beyond it. Got my hand in just far enough to pull loose dirt out, check with pinpointer and nothing. Check pile and bam there it was, a penny??? Just enough light to see “1 cent” on coin, what?? It was dirty and caked on clay so get to truck and head home.

Cleaned up really easy and more details came out quickly. Foreign language, Nederlanden! Then the date; 1916!!! Looked it up, made out of bronze!

Pays off to never turn it off until your done done!!!!

Well it could have been gold and yet a nice find & one coin richer! Congrats! I never turned ny detector off until I was ready to open car door unless it was raining too much & the detector & me were getting WET! Ma Betty

Im now wondering what kind of dry spell I will have..... it’s just mind boggling I’m coming across this age era in this town and on fields that have been detected numerous times by many.