Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went to Bethany Beach Delaware today

CoinGuy

Used the beach mode MW for the first time ever. Sensitivity was set at 25. Only found a quarter, not deterred !
I was searching in the wet sand and I also balanced it. Any thing I could do differently? Only have the large coil as original equipment. The program databace is the current version.

Why do you feel you may need to do something differently, was the machine chatty? Do you feel like there were targets you missed?

Used the beach mode MW for the first time ever. Sensitivity was set at 25. Only found a quarter, not deterred !
I was searching in the wet sand and I also balanced it. Any thing I could do differently? Only have the large coil as original equipment. The program databace is the current version.
Bro... if targets aren't there, theres nothing to find period !! Just spent a week at OBX three weeks ago. Hunted hard and long and only found a total of 16 cents !! Also got a shipwreck coin ( unidentifiable ). No worries, the motherload is still out there.

I know this area is probably hit hard but didn’t even find the proverbial tent stake or pop top. Will go out tonight at low tide again and see if I can find treasure 😊

Went back out last night and found a few things such as a crusty dime, a square nail, triangle fishing weight and a tri hook, and a pop top. Went further down the. Beach this time.

Im sure most beach hunters will agree, targets and gold counts are way down. Everyone uses plastic for everything inckuding parking lots and arcades.
Gold jewelry is no longer a status symbol for kids. Its all about the phone. I live near a very popular vacation location on the Jersey shore. Back in the good old days I could find 50 gold rings or more a year. This year I found one and it wasnt at the vacation beach !!! Times have changed immensely. It aint out there like it use to be. Even major coastal storms dont produce much.
Here on the Jersey Shore there was miles of replenishment after Hurricane Sandy. It may take a generation for all that sand to go back out to sea. Unlike in Florida, one hurricane will do the job.
If you persist, eventually you will find something. Just not the quantity as the old days.

PS.. Sorry, I didnt mean to burst your bubble

HH
Donna(NJ)

Thanks Donna,

my bubble has been busted more times than I can remember in my old age 😊.

Im sure most beach hunters will agree, targets and gold counts are way down. Everyone uses plastic for everything inckuding parking lots and arcades.
Gold jewelry is no longer a status symbol for kids. Its all about the phone. I live near a very popular vacation location on the Jersey shore. Back in the good old days I could find 50 gold rings or more a year. This year I found one and it wasnt at the vacation beach !!! Times have changed immensely. It aint out there like it use to be. Even major coastal storms dont produce much.
Here on the Jersey Shore there was miles of replenishment after Hurricane Sandy. It may take a generation for all that sand to go back out to sea. Unlike in Florida, one hurricane will do the job.
If you persist, eventually you will find something. Just not the quantity as the old days.

PS.. Sorry, I didnt mean to burst your bubble

HH
Donna(NJ)

in years past when I didn’t find anything, I’d start questioning my machine. Now I know the main problem was between my ears. If it’s not there, you ain’t gonna find it!!

Bro... if targets aren't there, theres nothing to find period !! Just spent a week at OBX three weeks ago. Hunted hard and long and only found a total of 16 cents !! Also got a shipwreck coin ( unidentifiable ). No worries, the motherload is still out there.
Was at OBX also but down the island where the NPS will lock you up in a skinny minute detecting. What a waste to detectorist bout the only ones that will pick up trash.