Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

went to the barber, then I found a barber

larbear

After getting a haircut, I headed to a park in a small town about a half hour away. I had searched this park two times before, but knew that I had not covered it thoroughly. Clad was all I had found the two previous times and it was a decent amount, five or six bucks each time. So I was hoping to find a similar amount this time and perhaps a little surprise of some kind to go along with any clad.

About an hour and a half into the hunt, I had about two bucks in clad along with some trash. Doing a grid pattern close to the skateboard area, the F70 gave me a 77-78 signal, three inches down. I was near a tree, so had to deal with some roots, but not too bad. I found the target and was surprised that it was a barber dime! I could see that it was quite worn, but I certainly wasn't expecting a barber. Figured if I was going to find a silver dime that it would probably be a rosie or merc. The last digit in the date is wore off, but it is from the 1890's with a s mintmark.

Got back to searching and fifteen minutes later found an eight clad quarter spill. I was pleased with my finds and glad that I had gone back to that park for a third time.

F70, 11" coil, disc 4, sens 41, thresh -1, dp tones, notch 1. I have been using dp tones for a few months and I like it a lot. Seems to help with separation and depth, I seem to find more when I use it. I do miss the nickel tone alert when I used to use 3H.

Or should I take my detector next time my hair is cut........and get it blessed? :biggrin:

Nice find! That ground must be rough on silver, that dime doesn't look to shiny. Around here in WV they usually come out nice and shiny but not always. Three inches down wasn't that deep either, there could be more hiding down deeper?

That's quite a coin haul. What is the oval shaped coin/badge/token to the left of your quarter spill up top on your photo ?

Thanks dfmike, the oval shaped coin is a pressed penny. Inside the horseshoe it says, "My Lucky Penny". At the very bottom it says North Idaho.

No, the barber didn't bless me. But if you can talk your barber into blessing your detector, I say go for it.

still looking 52 said:
Nice find! That ground must be rough on silver, that dime doesn't look to shiny. Around here in WV they usually come out nice and shiny but not always. Three inches down wasn't that deep either, there could be more hiding down deeper?
You're right sl 52, the silvers usually come out looking pretty good from the dirt, but not always. This one didn't, so I gave it a baking soda rub between the fingers, cleaned it up some. Is more hiding down deeper ? Probably, although I did go back several days later with a different detector and results were the same. I couldn't find any targets deeper than 3 inches. I think part of the problem was that the ground is very rocky under the grass, also the ground grab was at 90, so high mineralization also.

The two 925 rings were found last week at different locations.