Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

went to the local second hand store today

dobbie

i figure if i cant make it out to the parks and such i was going to hunt elsewhere. so i went to a local 2nd hand shop and checked out what they had jewelry wise...can tell ya it wasnt much...but i did spy with my little eye this pretty necklace....it is fresh water pearls with garnets strung on .925. almost missed the mark as it was so very tiny i had to go to another store to "test out" there magnifying glasses. lol.. didnt bother posting the mark. too small...anyways so down to the price. a whopping $1.99 . :biggrin: wish there had been more...

Hi dobbie, I have the same necklace, but don't remember it being silver.....I will have to check, if I can find a powerful magnifing glass as my eyes wouldn't be able to read something that tiny! :) Congrats on your pretty necklace! God Bless! Betty

n/t

speaking of small, did you know that many gold and silver marks on ear rings are on the post!

the part that moves to open the clasp. i call it the door. at first after looking all i could see was on one side an indentation of sorts. figured since it was only on one side it had to be a mark. i am happy i was right...by the way.. i havent taken it off since i bought it pearl is my birth stone. :biggrin: heres a story...after checking out the mark i called my dad. asked if they put real pearls on silver. he said yes but to test it. mind you i was in the middle of a huge electronics store full of people. so i ask how do i test it? he tells me to rub the pearl on my front tooth,. i was like um...dad there are people already looking at me wondering what i am doing. he says just do it. so i did. i fely really foolish but was happy with the results.

What does it do when you rub it on your tooth, Dobbie?
I think that is a fantastic find - whether or not it is in the ground! Good hunt :clapping:

Peggy

that when you rub a pearl on your front tooth you can tell if it is real or not by the way it feels.....if it feels gritty like sand paper then its real. if it feels smooth then its a fake. not the most sanitary way of checkin it so i suggest a small bottle of mouth wash tucked away in your pocket.for after the test..lol. and dont rub too hard or it will hurt...:biggrin: