Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Went to the woods to find old coins...Still found silver jewelry instead!

REVIER

Like my 4th hunt in a row where I found silver jewelry.
This time it was so unexpected because this was a totally different kind of area than normal park grass.

This is some big woods, acres and acres at the top of a mini mountain in an old park.
Recreational horse trails here and camping sites going back to the 1800's...now there are bike trails running all through the area.
I have found 60's silver here, even older wheats, and others have found coins going back even further into the past and that is my goal.
On the top of my bucket list all this year was a Barber coin of any kind and this is a site where it could happen because others have found them in these woods in the past.

The good finds are spread way out and few and far between, but I come back before and after tick season as much as I can because of the history of this place and the surprises that might be in store and not just coins.

Yesterday I did find an old buckle, not just my usual horseshoes or nails but an old iron stirrup, an old head stamp from the 20's and a few other odd and end metal thingies but no coins on this trip.

As I was wandering around I did come over another decent signal and found this small ID bracelet.
Missing the small piece of chain from the other side so I rooted around with the PP in the hole and found that, too.
Came up clean from about 4-5" deep, no markings but 99% sure this is silver.
I will test it soon to be sure.

I am a jewelry hunter at my core, but to find this small thing in acres and acres of open woods was cool.
Gives me hope there might be more jewelry lost in these woods by the horse people and campers decades ago.
From now on coins aren't going to be the only thing I will be on the lookout for.

That is a good find on that I D bracelet. Some day you will find some of them camp sites. You will find that barber. I feel it in my bones... KEN

All good finding the .925 when the coins are elusive! Those bits of Sterling add up as you already know from reading you totals. Congrats!
HH - Bruce

Thats a nice one there dude...it looks like it has some weight to it!:thumbup:
Mud